Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several times last night the app chimed a special chime and turned gold up top where the address was located when I accepted a ride. I couldn't figure out what it meant. At first I thought it was when I'd gone over the guarantees for the night. . . then I thought maybe it was rides under 5 minutes away (but then it happened for 1 that was 6 minutes away). . . then I thought perhaps it was pax's I'd given rides to before.

Ultimately I couldn't figure it out. Have you had this happen?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I have the same question. Are you on Select? Maybe it's a surge ride?

Edit to add. I had several 'gold' pings on Thursday and Friday. Didn't drive this weekend.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Several times last night the app chimed a special chime and turned gold up top where the address was located when I accepted a ride. I couldn't figure out what it meant. At first I thought it was when I'd gone over the guarantees for the night. . . then I thought maybe it was rides under 5 minutes away (but then it happened for 1 that was 6 minutes away). . . then I thought perhaps it was pax's I'd given rides to before.

I have had that happen three times total...no idea why. They were all X rides, nothing unusual about the pick up address or dest. Can't figure that one out...

·
Registered
866 Posts

Same thing happened to me on Saturday and again today.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the same question. Are you on Select? Maybe it's a surge ride?

Edit to add. I had several 'gold' pings on Thursday and Friday. Didn't drive this weekend.
I am Select, but Select is not yet available as a choice in my market. Right now only UberX is an option in the Rider app.

I thought it might be a surge ride too, but it didn't seem to match up. . . it's strange and I can't find an explanation. Good to know I'm not the only one :)

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I am Select, but Select is not yet available as a choice in my market. Right now only UberX is an option in the Rider app.

I thought it might be a surge ride too, but it didn't seem to match up. . . it's strange and I can't find an explanation. Good to know I'm not the only one :)
I just looked at my pay statement and I didn't have any surge rides on the days I remember getting the gold ping.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got a few of those last night... after accepting the ride... the special chime and the pick up location flashed gold.. didn't think anything of it...

When I picked up the pax I now remember she said it was her First Time using Uber...

Maybe it's a first time user alert to us drivers?

·
Premium Member
10,837 Posts
Man I must be so old. The app use to do that, cept the flashing gold, if / when the pax has entered the destination addy. It was confusing as hell to me at first. I just laughed at them and said, oh look now it has a pretty color. Hey guys can you do a rainbow affect.

So now the programmers entered it back in but when we accept the trip. SMFH. Hey youuuuu guyssssss. Do you think we really need a chime and a flashy tool to go with it , wouldn't want us to forget anything would you?

Its far better for the pax to hear it after they enter the destination as we slide the start trip button !!! Jesus.....

·
Registered
991 Posts
I got a few of those last night... after accepting the ride... the special chime and the pick up location flashed gold.. didn't think anything of it...

When I picked up the pax I now remember she said it was her First Time using Uber...

Maybe it's a first time user alert to us drivers?
I didn't see this at all last night and had a few first timers... o_O

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes it just happened randomly throughout the night, and I couldn't discern any type of pattern, rhyme, or reason for it . . .

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I will keep watch to make sure all are gold, but I am pretty sure all 16 rides I gave today chimed and were gold.
You would think they would tell us if something was different, but I have learned not to expect a lot from Uber.
IKR? I was going to suggest contacting Uber support...

·
Premium Member
10,837 Posts
I guess I didn't. Make myself clear. ^^^

Reactions: Bepell

·
Registered
43 Posts
Okay so now I know my "first time user" theory is Completely Wrong.. lol

Just finished a trip where same thing happened when I accepted the trip...

So I casually asked the guy if he uses Uber often ... he says "Oh Yeah, I use it on weekends... uber is great."

So, it can't be first time user alert... lol

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think it chimes/gold when the address has already been entered by the pax. I suppose to tip us off that the destination is already there? Like we can't figure that out on our own pretty much immediately after sliding begin. But whatevs. Nice to see the developers adding useless shit instead of fixing the zone hot spot/surge map that keeps blinking on and off. Or making it possible to call a pax with one or two taps instead of the half dozen it takes now. Or popping texts from pax automatically up on screen

1 - 20 of 123 Posts