Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand what UBER is thinking when it comes to rate cuts (and yes I DON'T like it): but in order to dominate the market and destroy the competition like AMAZON did --> it has to be done. With that said; wouldn't it be great idea for UBER to provide a valuable incentive "a TRUE/GOOD BONUS system" that rewards there good/great drivers for "most hours available, most rides, top ratings, etc etc etc... It would be an incentive to work hard and provide top customer service for the drivers that are actually worth it, and get rid of the drivers that are miserable ass hats that only provide a UBER a bad name. With a 70 Billion valuation I think it would be a WIN WIN for both sides of the fence; what do you think?

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
no. Uber was destroying competition not because of price, but because of other appeals. Better cars and faster pick ups. That's what Uber was originally all about. Maybe in certain markets like NYC, LA, Chicago and San Fransisco where there's a large population of people who uses taxis every day, price matters. but in places like Houston, quality of services means way more.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right, so a quality bonus incentive which included better cars, faster pick ups would be beneficial. I understand what it is now and then. I am trying the devil advocate approach. Democrats and Republicans never get anything done because they all want everything or nothing. Try a moderate approach (in theory) and ask yourself what would make you happy while entertaining the fact that UBER wants to keep what it already has --> the lead!

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Right, so a quality bonus incentive which included better cars, faster pick ups would be beneficial. I understand what it is now and then. I am trying the devil advocate approach. Democrats and Republicans never get anything done because they all want everything or nothing. Try a moderate approach (in theory) and ask yourself what would make you happy while entertaining the fact that UBER wants to keep what it already has --> the lead!
I believe there's a right way and then there's every other way. There's only one way to properly approach a market and find the correct formula/balance/whatever. Uber did not find it, they are focused on trivial things rather than basic ingredients to success. Sure they have the public in awe at their perceived success and strength, but do not be fooled like the rest into believing this makes them competent. They will rise quickly and fall just as quickly, I think. Their long term strategy is non-existent. They've chosen a gambling approach the day they decided to give in and spoil customers with stupid prices that make no sense and never will. It's not even about money. See, that's the thing. Uber has made it ALL about money. Huge mistake. They have ruined themselves, watch.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Uber could care less about decent service, and they certainly don't care about retaining respectable drivers.

The legitimate hard working drivers have either quit or have found a way to get by, driving only during guarantees, surge pricing and minimal hours. Those who have stuck around for all the rate cuts simply work less since it doesn't take long to figure out that the more you drive, the less money you make per hour. Consequently, Uber has employed a revolving door approach to replenish all of the good drivers they have chased away. You get what you pay for.

Uber is now beginning to employ the bottom level of society. Sure they get lucky and still find some decent drivers who are lured in by their lying ads and deceptive "Make a fortune driving for Uber" marketing practices. But decent people do not hang around long when they are getting their pay reduced at Uber's whim and then getting lied to about it. Anyone who believes that a lower rate will mean more money for the driver, shouldn't be allowed out of their house without a helmet securely attached to their head. It seems that these are the drivers that Uber is hoping to keep. Intelligent, respectable people do not put up with this crap. They either leave or figure out how to beat the system. The only way to beat the system is to drive smarter and less. Consequently, the less desirable drivers are left to do the heavy lifting. Uber had a chance to retain good drivers and they blew it. They would rather jeopardize the safety of the general public and exploit their drivers, as they get ready for their "going public" payoff.

Ubers' rating system could have been used to weed out the bad drivers, leaving only the cream. This would have required Uber to retain decent drivers through a steady, respectable wage and ethical business practices. This tactic would of allowed Uber the time to use the rating system to its' full potential. Instead Uber decided to use its' rating system as a way to intimidate their drivers into driving more hours in an attempt to raise their arbitrary personal rating. Again, the smart, dependable drivers didn't fall for it. Now Ubers' rating system is a joke.

More and more criminals will find their way to Uber. Across the country we read about more and more drivers being arrested for sexual assault, theft and other assorted misdeeds. Uber could have retained respectable drivers greatly reducing the odds of bad apples coming on board. Instead they have employed the revolving door approach of, "As soon as the drivers figure out we're lying to them, we'll simply replace them with someone else and repeat the process over and over again."

The average rate reduction for Uber drivers across the county is about 60% of what is was two years ago. Legitimate companies allow you to make more money the longer you work for them. Uber obviously does not wish to keep respectable drivers. They prefer the uneducated masses and the criminals.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with you a 100%... The fact that they are not keeping up with the needs of drivers, poor customer/driver service, lack of focus of the areas of strength, will be the downfall. When another company comes in and pulls the rug from under them they will fall hard. That is why I started this thread is not to drown in what is wrong with UBER (we know) but how they or someone new can benefit by actually rewarding a driver instead of sucking the life out of them. Most drivers will jump ship when something better comes along; but right now we settle for the $hit we have.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think Lyft is the better example here than Uber. Remember, it was Lyft that first came out with a low-end service; Uber was originally strictly what today we call UberBlack.

When Lyft first came out, its motto was, "Your Friend With a Car." Today its motto is, "Taxi and Bus Alternative." Emphasis on "Bus."

In my market, Lyft is now cheaper than UberX, and the customer base has morphed accordingly. Lyft pax are now almost exclusively trailer trash who think, quite properly, "Why spend $4 for the bus when I can get a car for $6?"

I now only accept Lyft rides as airport pickups, or on the way back from an Uber run -- and only when the pax has a pic, and only when that pic pleases me.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Uber needs to have rider photos. That would eliminate the need for us driving away thinking, "There's no way in hell you're getting in my car. "

Cancel ride...hit no show...hope you waited 5 minutes so you can collect the pennies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts