Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think happened in this situation?

I was at LAX yesterday, and it was an mad house from 10am until 11:30pm. It was taking at least 10 minutes or longer to get the the designated terminals. So I get a ride request from terminal three. I call the lady, and she answers the phone immediately. I ask her if she knows where to go for the pickup. Of course she tells me she is at a certain door number at terminal 3. I tell her to go to the Rideshare C sign. She is a little annoyed, but says she sees the sign and will be there. LAX at this time was a 1.7x surge. (it was surging most of the day). I let her know traffic is crazy at the terminals, but I am leaving the staging area right now and should be there in about 8 minutes. When I get to the rideshare sign, no one acknowledges me. So I call her. Call rings once, and immediately goes to voice mail. So she is just ignoring the call at this point. UGHHHH. I call two more times, and the same thing happens. Now I have to wait 5 minutes, which is an eternity at the terminals. After 5 I cancel and charge rider. Now the surge is 1.9x. So what do you think happened? She is at the airport, she didn't cancel the ride. Most people just want to get the hell out of the airport.

I think one of two things happened. Either she stole someone elses uber, cause the driver didn't verify passengers name, and when I called she just kept ignoring the call, cause she can't answer the phone and tip the driver off he has the wrong passenger. OR, she just said, screw this and went downstairs and got a cab.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Cell phone service at LAX is as much of a cluster as the ring road. About half the time I call/text people I get no answer... which makes me wonder how they managed to call an Uber to begin with, but that's another story.

·
Premium Member
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cell phone service at LAX is as much of a cluster as the ring road. About half the time I call/text people I get no answer... which makes me wonder how they managed to call an Uber to begin with, but that's another story.
Yeah I hear you, but it wasn't the situation here. She knew where the rideshare sign was, and the calls went immediately to voicemail, so she was just hitting "ignore".

eman, I didn't think about that, you could be spot on with that. Traffic was hell, and even though I am pretty good about zigging and zagging around LAX, that could have happened. I think that is much more likely than the cab, since these people are way to cheap to take a cab out of LAX.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts