Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
either 1. you've served your time and it's all done. no such thing as a registry.

or 2. expand the registry for anyone who's ever attempted/killed someone, or robbed, or DUI'ed or vehicle manslaughter'd. and any other crime you all want to throw in.

i don't care which. i just like to be consistent/not a hypocrite.

just saying.

·
Premium Member
13,238 Posts
Leroy, the registry is very real, and once you're convicted as a sexual predetor, your name goes on for life. The list is available online, and can be subscribed to. My ex wife ran a daycare, and would get an updated copy regularly.

The downside to the ways our laws are written is that an angry parent can press charges if, say, their 17 year old daughter is caught fooling around with her boyfriend and he could be labeled for life.

·
Banned
1,417 Posts
Yes I agree with the ?? and that is why I posted this.

I wanted to know if anyone else has seen anything like this. It's a $13 suburban ride on my to work so I love the ride and have done it many times.
Not long ago I had this happen:

I swipe "begin trip". It says something like "Matt and Lauren's Apartment.... XXXX W. Madison"

I said, "Matt and Lauren's Apartment", and the rider tells me, "I don't know why it says that. That's my friend's building, but I don't know who those people are."

We both got a laugh out of it, but there is something weird with Uber's address geocoding or something, like it's pulling data from odd sources.

That would all seem to square with what you got. Somehow Uber's AI bots scraped that data from somewhere and attached it to the address. The guy probably has no idea. It may not have anything to do with that particular guy - maybe it's somebody else that lived there now or in the past.

Question:

Was the pax name the same as the name you scribbled out? BTW, if you google the address you see the full name and same information at the top of the search. And that's an apartment building, not a house, so I'd say the pax connection is tenuous at best.

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
Sucks for people placing the pin in the wrong place lol

What if he gets picked up at chucky cheese or middle school lol

If you Google the address the same information comes up lol

18yo with a 13yo as a sexual offender for the rest of his life seems harsh

·
Premium Member
700 Posts

5 years is a big leap. Now a 18 year old to a 16 year old is harsh.

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
either 1. you've served your time and it's all done. no such thing as a registry.

or 2. expand the registry for anyone who's ever attempted/killed someone, or robbed, or DUI'ed or vehicle manslaughter'd. and any other crime you all want to throw in.

i don't care which. i just like to be consistent/not a hypocrite.

just saying.
^^^^This^^^^

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
5 years is a big leap. Now a 18 year old to a 16 year old is harsh.
I agree it's a little outside the boundary but still you think it is justified to be labeled like that for the rest of his life?

I don't know all the facts but kids are allowed to be stupid, 18yo is still a kid imo

·
Banned
1,417 Posts

It seems that anyone that gets picked up at that building will get the same. That's an apartment building, so every resident should have the same issue: a registered sex offender lives there.

But if those residents get picked up elsewhere, there should be no issue, because the information is associated with that building/address, and not necessarily the pax.

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
It seems that anyone that gets picked up at that building will get the same. That's an apartment building, so every resident should have the same issue: a registered sex offender lives there.

But if those residents get picked up elsewhere, there should be no issue, because the information is associated with that building/address, and not necessarily the pax.
Interesting, there is a case down here but involved a homeless community of sexual offenders who can't find housing because of the laws, I guess this building is a few steps ahead

·
Banned
1,417 Posts
Interesting, there is a case down here but involved a homeless community of sexual offenders who can't find housing because of the laws, I guess this building is a few steps ahead
This type of scarlet letter black-listing has unintended consequences. Should these people be homeless? Should anybody be defined for life by a crime they committed, whether it's sexual in nature or otherwise? I want to see a lifetime registry for "financial" crimes perpetrators.... how about that?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.