Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Premium Member
692 Posts

"Rensi told FOX Business that while a $15 minimum wage may sound appealing, McDonald's only choices to offset the cost of the wage hike are to raise prices or adopt new technology to cut costs and increase efficiency."

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
6,899 Posts
Increase Wages 3% increase prices 4-5%.

What many don't know or realize is that when an employer has to increase wages by a certain percentage they need o increase costs by a higher percentage to cover the costs. That increase in wage also cause an increase in the employment taxes the employer pays, also the companies insurance costs go up as they are also dictated by wages. Payroll services charge a percent of payroll so now their payroll costs go up. Oh and guess what, now that the prices of goods went up you the consumer also pay more in taxes.

You see that simple wage increase dominos on the employer forcing them to charge more. In turn wile you may make more money, you are now paying more for goods and taxes. Ultimately if you are in a low earning bracket that forced pay increase leaves you with even less money at the end of the week.

I also shrinks the wealth gap in between the low income and middle income class. The middle income class does not see a benefit of the minimum wage increase yet feels the full impact of the cost increase. Soon there will not be a middle class. There will be the haves and the have nots. At that point the wealthy can control the poor and force them into working to survive. Want food, you have to do this job, like it or not. There will no longer be an American Dream, once the country is split into two halves, poor/wealthy, there will be no chance for the poor to move to the wealthy class.

·
Premium Member
3,283 Posts
This is what I was posting about a few weeks ago.... that it is rising wages that are the biggest harbinger of a permanent rise in prices across the board. Rising wages is what makes me think that the current inflation rate is not just the temporary bump the authorities are telling us is the case.

Reactions: bsliv and Trafficat

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
FAKE news ! There are plenty businesses offering low end jobs paying $15/hr that still have worker shortages and will continue to have shortages until September . Why September do you ask ? Because that's when the enhanced unemployment benefits run out . I wonder who's duck AOC had to suck to get this story written ?

·
Premium Member
7,338 Posts
Too many people here demanding people go back to work for slave wages . My question to you is why do you ask someone else to do the same thing you are not willing to do? Do you want to work for slave wages ?
Ahhh , but you demand others to do it because you can not get decent service on a price you can afford.That kind of entitlement is exactly what is wrong with this country . White Supremacy at their best.YOUR needs are in front of anyone else’s . And of course, we all know most service jobs are done by minorities.
Screw you !!! Get your hands dirty and get the job done yourself , if you can’t afford to pay for it .And when you complain about inflation , remember many of you chose to elect an incompetent MAN BABY that screw our economy for failing to deal with a pandemic that created an unnecessary crisis in the last 2 years of his presidency.Presently we are paying for that incompetence until the adults in the room fix all the screw up.The next time you hate , get the best of you , try to use your brain to elect a decent man as a president , being Democrat or Republican but a decent and honest person , instead of a grifter narcissist liar.

·
Premium Member
12,380 Posts
Too many people here demanding people go back to work for slave wages . My question to you is why do you ask someone else to do the same thing you are not willing to do?
Do you want to work for slave wages ?
Ahhh , but you demand others to do it because you can not get decent service on a price you can afford . That kind of entitlement is exactly what is wrong with this country . White Supremacy at their best . YOUR needs are in front of anyone else’s . And of course, we all know most service jobs are done by minorities.
Screw you !!! Get your hands dirty and get the job done yourself , if you can’t afford to pay for it .And when you complain about inflation , remember many of you chose to elect an incompetent MAN BABY that screw our economy for failing to deal with a pandemic that created an unnecessary crisis in the last 2 years of his presidency . Presently we are paying for that incompetence until the adults in the room fix all the screw up . The next time you hate , get the best of you , try to use your brain to elect a decent man as a president , being Democrat or Republican but a decent and honest person , instead of a grifter narcissist liar.
Usually "slaves" do not get paid.

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
6,899 Posts
This is what I was posting about a few weeks ago.... that it is rising wages that are the biggest harbinger of a permanent rise in prices across the board. Rising wages is what makes me think that the current inflation rate is not just the temporary bump the authorities are telling us is the case.
I think it is temporary bump in inflation. The bigger bump is still to come.

·
Premium Member
12,380 Posts
I think it is temporary bump in inflation. The bigger bump is still to come.
Agreed. We have been in a steady , consistent inflatory period for 18 years now, but the artificial raising of wages, combined with all the free money given out.

Well a reckoning will be had.

·
Super Moderator
15,899 Posts

"Rensi told FOX Business that while a $15 minimum wage may sound appealing, McDonald's only choices to offset the cost of the wage hike are to raise prices or adopt new technology to cut costs and increase efficiency."
This article.

Is not true. Someone made it up to get some laughs.

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
The other POV.

If people who are starving and living like dogs aren't willing to put their damned shoulders to the wheel, that conveys poor character, and a want of boot straps. By God, their backs are veritably CRYING OUT for the lash.

This country's biggest problem came from doing away with corporal punishment in the work place.

·
Premium Member
17,084 Posts
a trock resurfaces.

Reactions: New2This

·
Premium Member
7,338 Posts
Usually "slaves" do not get paid.
You are correct, Sir , but if I am not mistaken,they use to get feed and quarters.
With some salaries today , some have to chose between rent and food .

What I will never get is what is wrong with people that are willing to defend a group that definitely do not needs more wealth in exchange of the well being of others . Corporations are racking record profits . This idea that they need to raise costs to pay wages is a LIE . They just got to take a cut on profit by a few percents and allow their employees to earn a living wage with will allow them to buy the same products they sell or manufacturer . These people are brainwashed to blame the people they hate and hey will vote against their interest just to inflict pain on others .

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Haven't found anyone with the stones to tell me that to my face yet , but when I do , you can be sure the response will not be the one I typed on this forum but the real McCoy .

1 - 20 of 204 Posts