Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I only have gum (for myself as always, and sometimes i would offer it to a very nice rider) and my phone charger. Although I haven't offered anyone gum in a couple of weeks.

I also have water for myself in my door pockets. On a long ride i might offer it to someone who desperately needs it.

I do provide a good genuine conversation to those who like to chat.

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
It all depends whats your current rating is ; if it's hovering around 4.6 as was the case with me u better have more thing to offer like water mints chargers wifi pops aux newspaper tissue paper air freshner spotify xm radio jazz music what ever u can afford ; it do help to improve your rating ; once u r out of deep waters u can keep what ever u feel like; I m speaking from experience as i improve my rating from 4.59 to 4.85. Now I have the luxury to have whatever I have in my car ; I do sometime offer perrier or Evaian water chocolates cigarettes to pretty girls for fun : or u dont need all this shit if u r exceptionally good driver

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm fairly new with just under 200 rides. I have iPhone and Android charger ( 2 in one) , aux, mint and water and always offer to turn on ac ( some say no or want me to turn it off ). I'm at 4.89. Fortunately majority of my pax are good and reasonable. 10% are Bad but can't complain..it is how everything is !!!

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Do not fall into the trap of trying to offer anything more than a ride.
New drivers especially want to please and worry about their ratings.
The more you give pax, the more they will expect and will then rate those lower that don't offer it.
Many pax already have the entitlement attitude, don't contribute to that!
They are paying to get a ride, in a clean and safe vehicle and that's all. It's not their personal boombox, hospitality suite or anything else! The rates don't justify giving them anything more than that.
Even Uber select without the surge is cheaper than a taxi.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Chargers for all phone types including USB-C, Aux Cord, Water, Gum, Vomit bags,Battery Booster Pack and Breathalyzer for when I drive people to their cars, WIFI Hot Spot and Children's movies for the DVD .
what is your current rating my friends?? your lifetime trips??
thanks..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Breathalyzer intrigues me. I have never thought about that.
I wonder if there are any legal implications. Or a moral implication that I am instilling false confidence in the guy that has beat the test by .00001%.

I keep chargers, barf bags, a emergency kit that I (over)built, different kinds of cash change in the glovebox, cleaning kit for downtime and in case of vomit.

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Breathalyzer intrigues me. I have never thought about that.
I wonder if there are any legal implications. Or a moral implication that I am instilling false confidence in the guy that has beat the test by .00001%.

I keep chargers, barf bags, a emergency kit that I (over)built, different kinds of cash change in the glovebox, cleaning kit for downtime and in case of vomit.
This is the one I use... http://tinyurl.com/h7hmuk2

I start the conversation by suggesting to the driver that he doesn't drive and offer him to check himself before getting behind the wheel.. "I suggest you reconsider driving as the consequences of getting caught can be life changing, I do have a breathalyzer that you can use if you want to get a range of of your BAC level. "

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had no idea that these things were so cheap. I was expecting like $129, not $12.90.

I like the fact that Uber drivers are probably the effective way in history of reducing drunk driving. Shameless plug to my blog.

I'll for sure add it to my carry collection. Not only are we drivers in a unique situation of being fully sober and able to judge impairment, we are the perfect ride for someone that makes the right decision. I guess I will need to carefully think how to use it with passengers, as you have.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Nix the breathalyzer.
A) We are not their liquor control board
B) They are not legal in court and for the price I doubt their accuracy.

As was mentioned, why contribute to someones potentially false sense of security?
If the pax is showing obvious signs of impairment and wants to drive their own vehicle, give them two options:
A) I take you home or B) I call the police, their choice. Who gives a f**k how they rate you!
Just make a note of it in the trip remarks if the customer was confrontational when you refused to let them drive their own vehicle.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts