Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Premium Member
I have issues with the large cross on the door. I'd be worried.

Premium Member
I walk the pax to and/or from the door. With a smile. It鈥檚 probably an old person that鈥檚 dying. Getting around sucks when you are dying. Karma is real.

Thats me though. I鈥檓 not in any kind of financial crisis, I have plenty of time on my hands and I have a soft spot for old folks.

I understand the folks who don鈥檛 wish to expose themselves to any liability that is not explicitly covered by the apps. I get that time is money and this would cause less money to be made, especially if it happens regularly (for me it鈥檚 about 2-3x a year that extra help is needed). I even agree with the person who mentioned the 3rd party service that is profiting off the situation, they should be required to leave a tip as a service fee for any extra requests.

In the end the real answer to the OP question is to do what you are comfortable with and what your situation allows. Just don鈥檛 be a dick to an old person for wanting to get somewhere.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I walk the pax to and/or from the door. With a smile. It鈥檚 probably an old person that鈥檚 dying. Getting around sucks when you are dying. Karma is real.

Thats me though. I鈥檓 not in any kind of financial crisis, I have plenty of time on my hands and I have a soft spot for old folks.

I understand the folks who don鈥檛 wish to expose themselves to any liability that is not explicitly covered by the apps. I get that time is money and this would cause less money to be made, especially if it happens regularly (for me it鈥檚 about 2-3x a year that extra help is needed). I even agree with the person who mentioned the 3rd party service that is profiting off the situation, they should be required to leave a tip as a service fee for any extra requests.

In the end the real answer to the OP question is to do what you are comfortable with and what your situation allows. Just don鈥檛 be a dick to an old person for wanting to get somewhere.
I had two very old ladies today, one with a walker, that I had to help in an out of the car. I don't mind doing that as long as it doesn't involve looking for red doors in upstairs condos with crosses on them.

Premium Member
They have Uber assist in my market, not really sure even if this is covered. Uber isn鈥檛 responsible for anything more then getting in and out of the car. The big issue is what if the person still falls while the driver is helping down the stairs. I don鈥檛 know where Uber鈥檚 liability ends when it comes to issue like these. For me I never go further then 5 feet of my vehicle, I see that as my limit when helping pax. Between not being paid to do anything more then this and my liability if something happens this is what I鈥檓 comfortable with. The person needs to call a chauffeur that offer these kinds of services, they are trained and covered when something happens, Uber drivers are not

Premium Member
Is this like the old "gogo grandparents' rides?

I always felt insulted by the multiple reminders to "end the ride in the app when the trip is complete"

Premium Member
Assist is for people who utilize mobility devices such as motorized wheelchairs and need a bit of assistance storing their mobility device in your car. They can generally get themselves in and out of your car without assistance. It pays exactly the same as X. Not a penny more. I took the tests, let them activate me as Assist and I promptly vanished from the app. I had to have them remove Assist from my account so I could get requests again. Uber tech.

Premium Member
Assist is for people who utilize mobility devices such as motorized wheelchairs and need a bit of assistance storing their mobility device in your car. They can generally get themselves in and out of your car without assistance. It pays exactly the same as X. Not a penny more. I took the tests, let them activate me as Assist and I promptly vanished from the app. I had to have them remove Assist from my account so I could get requests again. Uber tech.
See, I'd probably do these out of a sense of kindness, but also fearing that I'd be deactivated for declining them.

One time I delivered groceries to an elder woman who proceeded to talk my ear off for what felt like an eternity. My impatience mustve shown on my face or something because she, at some point, apologized for taking up my time and went and fetched $10 for my time and I felt like an *******. So I stayed and listened for a little longer.

Premium Member
See, I'd probably do these out of a sense of kindness, but also fearing that I'd be deactivated for declining them.

One time I delivered groceries to an elder woman who proceeded to talk my ear off for what felt like an eternity. My impatience mustve shown on my face or something because she, at some point, apologized for taking up my time and went and fetched $10 for my time and I felt like an ***. So I stayed and listened for a little longer.
Imagine having to break down a wheel chair or scooter to store in your car in this summer heat.

Premium Member

I always felt insulted by the multiple reminders to "end the ride in the app when the trip is complete"
I always cancel that gogo garbage. I鈥檓 not making money for a third party, plus if someone can鈥檛 figure out how to order a ride using a smart phone I don鈥檛 want them in my car, they are too clueless and probably want to be demanding too, f鈥檈m

I always cancel that gogo garbage. I鈥檓 not making money for a third party, plus if someone can鈥檛 figure out how to order a ride using a smart phone I don鈥檛 want them in my car, they are too clueless and probably want to be demanding too, f鈥檈m
Most don't have smartphones. That's the whole reason GoGo Grandparent got started.

So your moral meter is high when it comes to non FDA approved vaccines but not when it comes to the elderly?

Premium Member
Most don't have smartphones. That's the whole reason GoGo Grandparent got started.

So your moral meter is high when it comes to non FDA approved vaccines but not when it comes to the elderly?
Yeah, you don鈥檛 post anything but negative questions, do us all a favor and stop coming here. What the hell does vaccines have to do with not picking up stupid old people? Nothing but a waste of my time responding to anything you ever post. Go bully some more noobies into posting their personal info and leave me alone

Btw according to this website they are approved for emergency use so now you are spreading fake news by saying they are not FDA approved, do yourself a favor and maybe look stuff up before you post your babble, take your negativity elsewhere and never post a reply to my posts ever again

Premium Member
I鈥檇 cancel with no fee to the rider. I think shuffling might leave yourself open for them to file a complaint against you.

There is specific transportation avenues that help with elderly people who need special assistance.UBER-X is not one of those avenues. Uber has an option labeled 鈥淯ber-Assist鈥 where the driver has the necessary and proper certifications to help out in these instances.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts