Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advice ? What do you do when you drive someone to there location , say its a restaurant and he says " Can you wait for me here , while I go in and order my food ? this happened the other day and I was unsure of how to answer this or what to do . I told him I had to keep circling the lot becase we only get paid while the wheels are turning , but I assured him there were plenty of Uber drivers in the area to come get him. So I dropped him off and politely ended the trip .

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have taken a few pax to Whataburger, Sonic, and Mcdonalds drivethrus. I'm just a nice guy I guess. You do get 10 cents a minute while you wait, but who is counting? Next time tell, them I do not mind waiting if you buy me a coke, see what happens, although I have never done that. I have had pax offer to buy me food but I always decline.

·
Registered
41 Posts
All the time. I just tell them that its against Ubers policy to wait while they run errands or go get food. I say there tracking what were doing with gps, and I could get in trouble. I refuse to wait around for people, and think those people are extremely rude and ignorant for expecting you to wait for them.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Constant offers of food in these situations, I also always decline.
But, hey; don't sneer at 10 cents a minute! We're talking $6.00 an hour here.
It's all good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts