Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

What do really thank of the riders that get in your cars

What do really thank of the riders that get in your cars

2K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  The Gift of Fish 
#1 ·
Please comment on what you really feel about you passengers

#9 ·
I actually like most of my riders. The problem is with the compensation. In fact sometimes I want to get mad at a rider when I realize the low pay but then I realize it is the company (Uber or Lyft) doing it and not really the rider.

For instance today I got a "premium possible". It was in a good area a bit far out with a high chance of being a airport run. It ended up being a kid on his way to work. I got an extra 20 cents for the long pickup. :/ I was a little miffed but the kid was pretty cool and we had a good conversation. He didn't tip but in looking I see Uber charged him $11 even though I only got $5. It seems in the last couple months Uber has started minimizing the driver pay for premium pickups here (I swear this same type of run used to earn $1+ more and not just 20 cents) while charging the rider more.

#12 ·
I actually like most of my riders. The problem is with the compensation. In fact sometimes I want to get mad at a rider when I realize the low pay but then I realize it is the company (Uber or Lyft) doing it and not really the rider.

For instance today I got a "premium possible". It was in a good area a bit far out with a high chance of being a airport run. It ended up being a kid on his way to work. I got an extra 20 cents for the long pickup. :/ I was a little miffed but the kid was pretty cool and we had a good conversation. He didn't tip but in looking I see Uber charged him $11 even though I only got $5. It seems in the last couple months Uber has started minimizing the driver pay for premium pickups here (I swear this same type of run used to earn $1+ more and not just 20 cents) while charging the rider more.
Next time, take the longest route possible to get to the pickup point. If you have a "11 minute, premium possible" pickup, find a route on your favorite GPS app that takes twice as long and 2-3x the distance to get there. Don't worry; Uber pays for the route even if you don't follow their recommended directions...and in case the pax cancels...you're paid for the route you've driven up until the point of cancellation.

#18 ·
I do not "feel" one way or the other about most of them.

If it is Uber Taxi or UberX, they get into the car, you open the trip, confirm the address, drive to address, customer gets out of car. Is there really anything more to expect?

If it is a street hail in the cab, the customer puts up hand, I stop, customer boards, gives his address, I go there, customer sticks credit card into terminal, gets his receipt, gets out. Is there really anything about which to "feel" anything or anything more to expect?

#20 ·
You need a few additional options in your survey I think:

- Most suck but a few are pretty damn cool

- If I see lilcindy waiting, I drive by and cancel the ride immediately and turn my app OFF - screw the cancellation fee.

- Usually they're ok but there are the rotten eggs unfortunately (see lilcindy example above)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.