Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,968 Posts
What are you referring too?

I know starting August 14th (yesterday) new drivers who sign up have a 25% Uber commission applied. Not sure if that is what you are referring too.

djino

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are you referring too?

I know starting August 14th (yesterday) new drivers who sign up have a 25% Uber commission applied. Not sure if that is what you are referring too.

djino
I got a new fee schedule this AM. Did not read.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey biozon what's going on with you ,I drive for uber in Toronto Canada would it be possible for for me to drive for uber in ..let's say Boston USA ? Please help me this question is troubles me it's all I think about.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Has anyone noticed that when you cancel a ride for no-show or wrong address, there's no $5 payment anymore? Is this just a fluke or some new nonsense Über is doing now?

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Hey biozon what's going on with you ,I drive for uber in Toronto Canada would it be possible for for me to drive for uber in ..let's say Boston USA ? Please help me this question is troubles me it's all I think about.
Unless you've got a U.S. Green Card / citizenship and a Massachusetts driver's license, I doubt it.

I don't think we would even be allowed to Über out of province like in Quebec or B.C.

Reactions: Danica

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey what's going on with you, ya broke basterd .I have you a question drive for I drive for uber in Toronto Canada would it be possible for for me to drive for uber in ..let's say Boston USA ? Please help me this question is troubles me it's all I think about.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
I drive for uber in Toronto Canada would it be possible for for me to drive for uber in ..let's say Boston USA ?
I don't see why not, provided you have a proper work permit in US (or US citizenship). But you would have to bring it up to Uber to change your area. I think they would ask you to reapply though.

Reactions: Danica

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Has anyone noticed that when you cancel a ride for no-show or wrong address, there's no $5 payment anymore? Is this just a fluke or some new nonsense Über is doing now?
Sorry, I haven't had any cancellations this week, so I cannot confirm that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey what's going on with you, ya broke basterd .I have you a question drive for I drive for uber in Toronto Canada would it be possible for for me to drive for uber in ..let's say Boston USA ? Please help me this question is troubles me it's all I think about.
Unless you've got a U.S. Green Card / citizenship and a Massachusetts driver's license, I doubt it.

I don't think we would even be allowed to Über out of province like in Quebec or B.C.
Thank you for answering my question,I appreciate it

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't see why not, provided you have a proper work permit in US (or US citizenship). But you would have to bring it up to Uber to change your area. I think they would ask you to reapply though.[/QUOT
Thank you for answering my question,I appreciate it

·
Premium Member
4,968 Posts
It's always been random for me. Sometimes it shows up and sometimes it's not which forces me to email uber ands wastes my time.

Djino

·
Registered
518 Posts
It's always been random for me. Sometimes it shows up and sometimes it's not which forces me to email uber ands wastes my time.

Djino
I've never had a problem with it not showing up. Haven't cancelled a ride all week tho, so I can't confirm. I read the new policy thoroughly and as far as I can remember there wasn't anything in it about not getting the fee anymore.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Use your phone when you arrive, it has a timer in it, set it to 5 minutes, when it beeps cancel the ride as a no show --- you get $5.00 -20 (25) %

·
Registered
413 Posts
Pax tell me that they order a ride, I'm 7 minutes away, they cancel at the 4 minute mark, pax is still charged $5.00. Non for you though, all to Uncle Uber!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've never had a problem with it not showing up. Haven't cancelled a ride all week tho, so I can't confirm. I read the new policy thoroughly and as far as I can remember there wasn't anything in it about not getting the fee anymore.
The $5 fee after 5 minutes is still there for sure. Uber confirmed it with me via email yesterday.

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Kinda pissed.. Uber just rolled back a $5.00 cancellation charge probably because the PAX *****ed. It would be nice if Mother Uber had the audacity to notify us with an email as opposed to just debiting it ...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts