Uber Drivers Forum banner

Which car should i choose?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rented from LCR before, had bad experience. However, their fleet of brand new vehicles is tempting me to get a car again since i cannot find a temporary job while awaiting my enlistment.

Did my research on the internet and i found their best car is the Grace Hybrid. I'm not sure how authentic my results are but from sgcarmart they stated its fuel consumption is 34.4km/l. How is this even possible.

To emphasise this even more LCR offering at $75/day 2016 model. Lets say i drive 250km in a day, the daily expense only comes to around $90.

I drove an Attrage before, fantastic option in my opinion. Should i proceed to get the Honda Grace Hybrid or go with my previous Attrage or just get a Vezel or Mazda 3?

Anyone drove Honda Grace before, please advise.

· Registered
587 Posts
If the government thinks they wanna curb drivers from flooding the car market by driving uber because they actually want a car, then likewise the government must curb uber from opening up subsidiary company and renting out cars and giving special privileges to hirers.

· Premium Member
5,149 Posts
The "curb" you suggested comes in the form of PDVL, lor! Singapore is a pro-business pro-trade free economy and the government mustn't be seen meddling with enterprises which will hurt the country's international standing in the business communities.

· Registered
1,261 Posts
But Where's the curb to lcr?
LCR was predominantly set up as a car rental company with cleverly masked advertising undertones.Rent a car and use it to Uber in your free time to offset the rental.Uber needed to do this to bypass the government loopholes The government bought it and has been reluctant to impose licensing fees on them choosing to believe Uber is not a taxi company.WTF? Instead it raised taxis licensing fees.The day the government imposes licensing fees on Uber is the day it recognizes Uber is actually a taxi company and full regulations will apply

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was correct to say many folks who want to drive Uber is because of car. Do we say PDVL might dampen that enthusiasm?
No, i am not looking to drive uber because of the car. There was literally no use of owning a car the last time i was on uber. Fully occupied being online. The only reason why i want to take this is because i am still looking for a part time job.

· Registered
8,302 Posts
Since u are not doing long term and whatever car make does not matter to you, u should rent the car with the lowest rental fee. Used one is a good option to start with. There are plenty of rental companies which can offer u a used one to uber and/or Grab at a low fee. There are advantages to rent used one ... For instance, commercial insurance excess is much lower which translates to less ri$k, rental company less picky when u return the car with surface hairline scratches, etc .... ;)

· Registered
587 Posts
Read what basil says in between the lines. He doesn't want a car to drive for uber but he didn't say he's renting a car but not driving uber. His main purpose is to look for PT job but he still wants to earn some side income at the same time. Am I right? You can't have it both ways.

· Premium Member
5,149 Posts
The last time I rented have absolutely no need for car when I am not on Uber. It was sitting in the parking lot 3/4 of its time ...

So I joined Smove, loh!

Sorted.

:eek:

· Registered
4,392 Posts
If you drive the WWE bus, wah shiok la. Can pick up uber pool 42 pax at a time. Just imagine plying down Orchard Road with the wind in your hair, a bus load of pax and the music full blast...jennnng jennnng....jeng jeng jeng jeng...jeng jeng jeng jeng..jeng jeng jeng jeng...jennnng jennnng jeng...
the best time n location would be Orchard Tower between 5 to 630am? :D:D just do one round, fully loaded n shake legs for the rest of day...:p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.