Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new uber driver and so far I enjoy the driving. However on my second day I noticed the 4 of my 6 pickups were uberPool. These rates are a Ripoff. Riders have the ability to select uberPool for a cheaper fare at the driver expense. In rush hour traffic on GA 400 it's not practical to divert off the hwy and search 2 to 3 miles away for another uberPool rider, follow g-maps, that occasionally malfunctions, avoid accidents all while keeping your riders from getting pissed because you just added another 20 mins to a 15 min ride. Uber blows smoke by staying "take control of the ride", well they ain't there to experience the "Charlie Foxtrot" A waste of time, energy, increased stress, bad customer service and missed opportunity.

Today I had 2 back to back 20 mile rides and both were uberPool and my cut was significantly LESS (my estimate about $4 short) than the same drive under uberX. In fact, one of my riders was pissed about how Uber is taking advantage by systematically lowering driver rates without being forthcoming or truthful. I like to accepted all rider request but now since uber is not upfront about this scheme of theirs I will do whatever to maximize my earnings, short of being unfair and dishonest such as the example set by the greed and "lack-tegrity" of Uber. I've complained about every ride transaction I see where uberPool is selected. They will probably fire me for doing so but I want them to understand that this is just DIRT DOG WRONG and DECEPTIVE and

UBER I'm calling you out! Stick to the driver rate structure you've advertise to the world or just say driver rates have been reduced.

I guess uber thinks I have become their uberPool "Bravo India Tango Charlie Hotel" !!!! Lyft is becoming the better option since they seem to have a little more integrity.

Yeah, I'm "Papa Oscar" and mad as "Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Killo". They cheated me...stole my hard earned money...I want it back!!!!

Signed
AKA
Driver Zero Six

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hooooahhh! I too have felt the burn, and hear your frustration "Lima Charlie"

Ignore the ping or devise a quick text message to make the rider cancel. "I only drive Pools 10X miles or less. If this is more than X miles, Cancel and I'll ensure your are not charged. "

·
Registered
289 Posts
My rule is if the UberPool is more than 5 minutes away I don't accept it.

If I am on the highway always stay close to the exits.

UberPool blows.

If it is slow and nothing happening switch to Lyft.

Even some UberX rides might as well be UberPool.

·
Registered
289 Posts
When you get a request look at the dial it will say UberX or Pool I think at the top. You look below and it will give you the Time and Distance away that you are from the request. If it is more than 7/8 minutes just let it keep beeping until it stops.

If you are near a mall or near the 4th ward:Edgewood that area is Uberpool city.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When you get a request look at the dial it will say UberX or Pool I think at the top. You look below and it will give you the Time and Distance away that you are from the request. If it is more than 7/8 minutes just let it keep beeping until it stops.

If you are near a mall or near the 4th ward:Edgewood that area is Uberpool city.
Got it. Thank you much.

·
Premium Member
64,580 Posts
I'm a new uber driver and so far I enjoy the driving. However on my second day I noticed the 4 of my 6 pickups were uberPool. These rates are a Ripoff. Riders have the ability to select uberPool for a cheaper fare at the driver expense. In rush hour traffic on GA 400 it's not practical to divert off the hwy and search 2 to 3 miles away for another uberPool rider, follow g-maps, that occasionally malfunctions, avoid accidents all while keeping your riders from getting pissed because you just added another 20 mins to a 15 min ride. Uber blows smoke by staying "take control of the ride", well they ain't there to experience the "Charlie Foxtrot" A waste of time, energy, increased stress, bad customer service and missed opportunity.

Today I had 2 back to back 20 mile rides and both were uberPool and my cut was significantly LESS (my estimate about $4 short) than the same drive under uberX. In fact, one of my riders was pissed about how Uber is taking advantage by systematically lowering driver rates without being forthcoming or truthful. I like to accepted all rider request but now since uber is not upfront about this scheme of theirs I will do whatever to maximize my earnings, short of being unfair and dishonest such as the example set by the greed and "lack-tegrity" of Uber. I've complained about every ride transaction I see where uberPool is selected. They will probably fire me for doing so but I want them to understand that this is just DIRT DOG WRONG and DECEPTIVE and

UBER I'm calling you out! Stick to the driver rate structure you've advertise to the world or just say driver rates have been reduced.

I guess uber thinks I have become their uberPool "Bravo India Tango Charlie Hotel" !!!! Lyft is becoming the better option since they seem to have a little more integrity.

Yeah, I'm "Papa Oscar" and mad as "Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Killo". They cheated me...stole my hard earned money...I want it back!!!!

Signed
AKA
Driver Zero Six
Drive a Taxi.
After big games I've seen taxi drivers load a van up. Just like pool.
But the driver got paid for each and every passenger.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Drive a Taxi.
After big games I've seen taxi drivers load a van up. Just like pool.
But the driver got paid for each and every passenger.
That's how pool should be. Drivers should earn way more than an uberX ride. Drivers should be wishing for pool pings but now it's 3x the work for even less pay than uberX which is 1x the work.

Only fools accept Uberpoop.

·
Premium Member
64,580 Posts
That's how pool should be. Drivers should earn way more than an uberX ride. Drivers should be wishing for pool pings but now it's 3x the work for even less pay than uberX which is 1x the work.

Only fools accept Uberpoop.
Yes . more work,more hassle,should equal more money !

·
Registered
366 Posts

Signed
AKA
Driver Zero Six
Uber is not only deceiving drivers but passenger as well. They are skimming off the top. For example: they charge pax $25.00 but pays 14.50 to drivers and keep the rest. on app it tells a driver charge to pax was 18.00 when infact it was 25.00.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
At least drivers don't get deactivated for low acceptance percentage anymore. Just a timeout and/or an email template letting you know you're not accepting trips.

I let a lot of requests timeout. Mainly pool and requests that are more than 10 minutes away.

Sometimes if it's a really slow day I'll take some pools, but I make sure I stop incoming requests because getting matched with multiple riders is where we lose the most money.

But at 68 cents a mile it's wise to just not accept pools unless you're really strapped for cash or you're doing incentives.

·
Banned
640 Posts
At least drivers don't get deactivated for low acceptance percentage anymore. Just a timeout and/or an email template letting you know you're not accepting trips.

I let a lot of requests timeout. Mainly pool and requests that are more than 10 minutes away.

Sometimes if it's a really slow day I'll take some pools, but I make sure I stop incoming requests because getting matched with multiple riders is where we lose the most money.

But at 68 cents a mile it's wise to just not accept pools unless you're really strapped for cash or you're doing incentives.
Thought you were the "king of UnerEats"?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts