1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Almonds for starters...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Grapes, cheese sticks, and almonds. Think I'm going to start making a sandwich of some kind too though cause I always end up stopping in somewhere for a small hamburger or burrito.

·
Super Moderator
15,305 Posts
I keep a sack of almonds in my door pocket. Just wish they weren't so expensive.
My sis in law owns over a hundred acres of almond trees. Seven yrs ago I used to be able to get a 40 pound box from the packing house for about 35 dollars.

I'll have to ask how much they are now, probably triple that now.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts

My sis in law owns over a hundred acres of almond trees. Seven yrs ago I used to be able to get a 40 pound box from the packing house for about 35 dollars.

I'll have to ask how much they are now, probably triple that now.
An interesting fact: 80% of all almond is produced in California :)

·
Premium Member
9,840 Posts
Jack N the Box, Lg Iced Mocha, Ez ice.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
And if I end up hungry near a five guys burger or stake & shake, I stop to enjoy a great burger menu.

Stake and shake has an app and if you install it for the first time, you get $2.99 cash credit. $5.00 cash back for every $50.00 spending.

Five guys regularly has offers through Bank of America where I get 10% cash back if I pay using bofa cards.

Uber low earnings made me more frugal.

·
Super Moderator
15,305 Posts
An interesting fact: 80% of all almond is produced in California :)
Yupp and each almond takes one gallon of water to produce.

I worked for a couple years in the orchards, it's not too bad except harvesting. Harvesting is a dirty, dirty job.

·
Registered
423 Posts
You guys are way too healthy for me. I eat a banana each morning to wash down my blood pressure tablet. Then have coffee at Peets if I can, I may skip lunch altogether and because I cant help it, have a bag of swedish fish in the door :)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
(I'm at a desk but hey I figured I'd jump in.) Energy drinks and hard candy, or whatever finger food I'm having for lunch. I have a thing for cocoa almonds but as others mentioned, those things are expensive so I content myself with raisins and dry roasted peanuts.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Trader Joes is good for finding different kinds of reasonably priced almonds.

A few weeks ago there was an almond expert on the radio discussing the water required to grow them. Weird thing is he pronounced it "ammins"

·
Registered
252 Posts
Beef Jerkey

It's the ultimate food. High in protein, low in carbs, fat and sodium (depending on what you exactly you buy). Actually pretty reasonable with calories.

Only problem is it's a little expensive.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts