Uber Drivers Forum banner

What are these details in the current Uber driver App?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Peter Mead 
#1 ·
I'm one month into being an Uber driver but I have some questions about the app.
1. Why are some pax squares red and some green?
2. Why does the top section sometimes have a tiny red or green square off on the left?
3. Any other things like this I should know about (that are not intuitive?)
4. Often I will get send errors when first going online. It can take two or three pings before my acceptance goes through and I get the job. Other times, not often, but enough to be irritating, I can't start the ride and have to reboot. Are these glitches due to my phone or Uber cloud app?

#2 ·
Red = drunks
Green = tippers

2. Why does the top section sometimes have a tiny red or green square off on the left?
Red = Uber will not send you any pings for another 1 hour.
Green = you are next to receive a ping

Too many to list.

4. Often I will get send errors when first going online. It can take two or three pings before my acceptance goes through and I get the job. Other times, not often, but enough to be irritating, I can't start the ride and have to reboot. Are these glitches due to my phone or Uber cloud app?
Check your area network coverage. Maybe network data signal is low.

All but the last are jokes.
I don't discriminate red from green. All pax look alike. :cool:

#5 ·
I'm one month into being an Uber driver but I have some questions about the app.
AFAIK, green means pickup location, red means dropoff
It denotes what side of the street to expect the pickup/dropoff, if the square is on the left of the road, the pickup/destination will be seen on the left side of the road, same thing if on the right, if the square is in the middle of the road (and this does happen), it means the GPS doesn't know which side it's on
If you don't know it, you may not need it, and if you need something you can't find, just ask on here
May just be signal issues, or maybe your phone is trying to connect to WiFi and that could be causing issues

Try turning off WiFi and downloading Ookla's Speedtest app, also keep an eye on your 3G or LTE signal bars

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.