Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually New Years Eve is big demand and then I see things go slow substantially come January. Is woodbutcher around to give advice? Also some people slam doors hard, will that hard slamming eventually cause door issues in future?

Registered
For our warmer market we boom during Christmas and New Years, then steady busy until March, then only busy on 3+ day weekends until Labor Day.. So I would assume it's opposite in colder climates. Slow in winter and busy in summer.

Door issue abuse with pax only really affects sliders. Regular doors, although a slam isn't welcome, doesn't do any damage. If they hang on the door while open may throw it out of alignment. EV's are so thinly built to save weight, wouldn't be surprised just looking at it breaks them. 馃槅

Banned
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is your clock ticking backwards?! Since when are you a noobie鈥︷煠
I'm doing this full-time now. First time doing it full-time and I have a ticking clock yes. I wake up everyday with goal of $250-350 and drive until I need to go to sleep again and wake up and rinse and repeat. In 3-4 years I wanna build myself a $100k Hargeisa luxury mansion with pool and retire. The rest of my savings will hold me until I die as that is cheap developing country and people are mostly poor.

Premium Member
I'm doing this full-time now. First time doing it full-time and I have a ticking clock yes. I wake up everyday with goal of $250-350 and drive until I need to go to sleep again and wake up and rinse and repeat. In 3-4 years I wanna build myself a $100k Hargeisa luxury mansion with pool and retire. The rest of my savings will hold me until I die as that is cheap developing country and people are mostly poor.

Your assuming you will not need a different vehicle at some point in the next 3 or so years before this savings thing of yours comes to an end.

This rideshare crap is a car killer and a body killer doing non stop without a break here and there.

It will become mind numbing as well, just like any other job can鈥

Banned
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your assuming you will not need a different vehicle at some point in the next 3 or so years before this savings thing of yours comes to an end.

This rideshare crap is a car killer and a body killer doing non stop without a break here and there.

It will become mind numbing as well, just like any other job can鈥
I won't need another car. Just most likely new radiator and some other parts. I plan to put another 500k on this Camry.

Registered
Usually New Years Eve is big demand and then I see things go slow substantially come January. Is woodbutcher around to give advice? Also some people slam doors hard, will that hard slamming eventually cause door issues in future?
Everyday is slow for me as I don't bow down or allow me to be taken advantage of blatantly. I quit.

Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
my market is going to be busy until after first weekend after New Year鈥檚 Eve.

This year its going to die off fast after New Years. I鈥檓 expecting tourism to rapidly fall off after Monday the second.

But conventions are running solidly now so we should actually be ok.

Orlando is a weird market. September is the worst month here and even that wasn鈥檛 bad this year. (Holloween started up in September, unlike last year where it was canceled)

Thankfully we have conventions much of the year balancing out the slow theme park months (except September鈥 not sure why)

october has good weekend nights around here. November the theme parks start picking up into high gear.

December will be one of if not the top month of the year. Convention season will kick off but it鈥檚 kinda wonky, it鈥檚 a Sunday night to Friday morning weirdness. Not really much weekend business. Best 2 time periods for s big convention week are Sunday night at the airport before it starts and Friday morning at hotel checkout time.

After convention season is the busy summer season. Then after that we鈥檙e back to September.

so really I have 281 days until I have to worry about the slow season.

slow days will happen. Tuesdays during convention season generally blow chunks. But that鈥檚 Tuesday and I can usually see Tuesday coming from at least 10-12 hours away.

Registered
Southwest and college town here. If you're in a college town you'll be busy basically whenever school is in session and slow whenever it's not. The only exception to this is New Years Eve and to some extent 4th of July. Better have a backup plan for Summer, idk what's going on, Covid, war, the end of the world, you won't be busy during the Summer - period. But generally when everyone else slows down in like April / May , you'll be super busy so that's the bonus.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts