Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is two stores in one....

Picked up Uber PAX on cap hill around 9pm, 22ish year old woman, going to South Park. We get 2 blocks from destination when she remembers she needs to stop by the liquor store. Closest to us is 4.5 miles. After she changes destination I wait 5-10 minutes while she goes in and gets liquor (I made her change destination back to south park house before going into store). Turned into a 51 minute 14 mile $28 (my cut) PAX who was fun and nice to chat with entire time.

An hour or so later I've been bouncing back and forth between uber and lyft and am in West Seattle pick up middle age couple on Lyft heading to south park. I tell them oh I've been there once before today. They joked how it might have been their neighbor. I said well she was a young woman who rented an airbnb to party with friends.

I pull up to drop off PAX and it is the same 4 condo building I dropped my party PAX off earlier. Not some huge fancy new large development or anything just a small 4 unit place. As I drop them off and they get out who walks outside but my girl from earlier. She immediately recognized me and said oh we were just going to call an Uber going to Cap Hill can we just pay you instead. So i said sure give me $15 I'll do it. I drop them off and find $23 left in my cup holder. That was my guardian angel PAX tonight.

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
I don't believe you. A fun and nice person who was willingly going to south park? One of the few places I'm nervous to go to is souf park...you know...b/c of my white privilege and all.

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
I don't believe you. A fun and nice person who was willingly going to south park? One of the few places I'm nervous to go to is souf park...you know...b/c of my white privilege and all.
Lot of new whities in South Park. I have been hauling big groups to house warmings down there the past few months.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Not another teen movie :)

Gentrification is real. Remember when the central district used to be all black? As prices get more expensive you are seeing south Seattle become more diverse as these folks move to Auburn/Kent

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
There are more whites than hispanics in South Park. Always has been. I nearly bought a place right on the Duwamish, near the bridge, 20-ish years ago. I wish I would have, though I like Georgetown just fine. Anyone who feels unsafe in South Park has never been to Chicago or Detroit or LA or D.C.
Sir-isly . . . Chiraq!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts