Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure you can help with this or have any answers to this scenario but I'll share anyways:

In August of last year I enrolled in the Uber Xchange Access program and was approved by Uber to lease a vehicle (2016 Honda Accord). I signed all the paperwork and everything went through well at the dealaership.

After a couple of weeks passed i noticed that i wasn't being charged for the weekly payments (roughly $180). I wasn't sure of what to do and assumed that there was a grace period before Uber started charging you. More weeks pass by and still no charges. At this point i was at a crossroads because deep down i knew that something was wrong and essentially knew i was driving this uber leased vehicle for free. But i said nothing to nobody and kept driving. After about a month i stopped driving for Uber completely barely going online and only driving sporadically though the months of (mid Sept. - Dec.). Even with me not driving for several weeks i was NEVER charged a weekly payment. And throughout this entire time i was NEVER contacted via email, phone call, text that anything was wrong with my account. Apparently on Jan. 24 2017 i got an email from Uber (i will attach a screenshot) essentially stating that there was a technical issue with my account and that the weekly payment would start being deducted.

*Side Note* although i received that email on Jan. 24 i somehow missed it and just now read it today Feb. 27 2017

The email stated that the weekly payments would be dedecuted that same week; but i still WAS NOT charged that week or even the week after. I started to drive more regularly since the turn of the new year and was making a few hundred dollars driving approximately 20 hrs a week.

Fast forward to this early morning on Feb. 27 2017 when i randomly check my drivers app and notice ALL (but .01) of my earnings have been taken away due to a vehicle fee that was applied to my account. And i presume/fear going forward that all of earnings will be garnished (not just the weekly payments but ALL) until my balance is settled so to speak.
Although the technical issue was there fault im unsure what to do because i was never charged or notified that this was happening??

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO???

Attachments

·
Premium Member
62,994 Posts
I am not sure you can help with this or have any answers to this scenario but I'll share anyways:

In August of last year I enrolled in the Uber Xchange Access program and was approved by Uber to lease a vehicle (2016 Honda Accord). I signed all the paperwork and everything went through well at the dealaership.

After a couple of weeks passed i noticed that i wasn't being charged for the weekly payments (roughly $180). I wasn't sure of what to do and assumed that there was a grace period before Uber started charging you. More weeks pass by and still no charges. At this point i was at a crossroads because deep down i knew that something was wrong and essentially knew i was driving this uber leased vehicle for free. But i said nothing to nobody and kept driving. After about a month i stopped driving for Uber completely barely going online and only driving sporadically though the months of (mid Sept. - Dec.). Even with me not driving for several weeks i was NEVER charged a weekly payment. And throughout this entire time i was NEVER contacted via email, phone call, text that anything was wrong with my account. Apparently on Jan. 24 2017 i got an email from Uber (i will attach a screenshot) essentially stating that there was a technical issue with my account and that the weekly payment would start being deducted.

*Side Note* although i received that email on Jan. 24 i somehow missed it and just now read it today Feb. 27 2017

The email stated that the weekly payments would be dedecuted that same week; but i still WAS NOT charged that week or even the week after. I started to drive more regularly since the turn of the new year and was making a few hundred dollars driving approximately 20 hrs a week.

Fast forward to this early morning on Feb. 27 2017 when i randomly check my drivers app and notice ALL (but .01) of my earnings have been taken away due to a vehicle fee that was applied to my account. And i presume/fear going forward that all of earnings will be garnished (not just the weekly payments but ALL) until my balance is settled so to speak.
Although the technical issue was there fault im unsure what to do because i was never charged or notified that this was happening??

Drive Lyft.
Wait to see if they ever ask for car back.
You picked that car up late on a Friday didn't you ?
No one ever noticed till year end checking the books.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Ok I just have to say this

You have been driving this car for FREE no charges at all for how long?....take it as a blessing that you weren't arrested or car impounded you signed a contract stating you would pay $180 a week and they (Uber) didn't charge you.....cool.....but still the contract is a legally binding contract you have to pay if they charge you all at once your screwed but they are taking all of your payments gradually.....why b!tch at least they aren't going after you in court

Sack up be a man and contact them see if a satisfactory payment arrangement can be made.....you basically stole the car....not your intention not your mistake but still your in the wrong according to the deal you made......wouldn't surprise me if they came after you for full payment or repossessed the car

Your in the wrong morally you should have contacted them and questioned them why they weren't taking payments like they should but no you kept quiet and now wondering how to get out of actually paying what is owed....

Didn't think of all of this did you?.....And now you don't think it's fair?....very hilarious best advice return the car and try to work with them on what's owed.....you owe it pay it very simple

·
Registered
2,511 Posts

Sorry to hear this!! Did you sign something that said you agreed to pay so much per week/month?

Anybody reading this message: always, always put money aside and do not spend it when something like this happens. If you sign a piece of paper that says you agree to pay such-and-such dollars per whatever period, you best believe that money's gonna be collected!

Maybe you can find out what's going on and ask if you can keep 80% of all earnings because you need to pay rent and eat?

·
Registered
94 Posts
WoW this is whats wrong with people and this country. You knew they did not take the money out on day it was set to start and you did not call them to ask why didn't my payment come out like we agreed on..... You taking advantage of a persons mistake and not keeping your part of the deal and now crying about it is pathetic. You get a free car for months on end and now crying they taking the money for it????? The nerve people have

·
Premium Member
62,994 Posts
WoW this is whats wrong with people and this country. You knew they did not take the money out on day it was set to start and you did not call them to ask why didn't my payment come out like we agreed on..... You taking advantage of a persons mistake and not keeping your part of the deal and now crying about it is pathetic. You get a free car for months on end and now crying they taking the money for it????? The nerve people have
Those POOR BANKERS !

The Nerve of People !
Acting like Corporations now !
Rich people do NOT PAY FOR A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD !
THATS WHY THEY MAKE LAWS !

Attachments

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Hopefully you saved every penny you made with Uber, not just what you owed for the lease rental. You accrued 4 months worth of Lease payments and barely drove, yea, you're going to be in a deeeeeep hole. You should have turned the lease back in, regardless if they were charging you or not, if you didn't intend to drive enough to cover the cost of the vehicle IF and WHEN it became due.

What should you do? Turn in the vehicle, never access Uber ever again and hope that you don't owe too much money for the back pay of the lease that you can't make a payment plan for it... or take the hit on your credit report...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts