Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Rebel Honey Badger
17,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I picked up a Pax from the airport. To my delight he was not only in the right pick up spot but when he came over he checked my front plate. When he got in he told me this story of a suspicious Uber driver. He said he travels often for business so he knows the procedures at the airport. He said a few weeks ago he was waiting on his Uber which according to the app was a silver Prius. The app said the driver had arrived but he couldn't see him so he called.

The driver answered sharply by saying he was right there and driving a green jeep. The pax found the jeep and even though he was confused, he wanted out of the chaos of the airport garage and needed to be at an important business meeting in an hour, so he got in. He questioned the driver about the jeep status. The driver said his Prius was in the shop so he was using the Jeep on the app.

I asked the pax when the driver accepted his ride, did it come from the airport area, or perhaps a location around 2 miles away close to Pac Hwy on 188th. He said it did come from that location on 188th and it took him a few minutes to get into the airport even though it wasn't congested.

Sounds like a sneaky Ant didn't want to lose his airport queue pick up status with his jeep so he just never told uber he was driving another car. The ant told the pax he does have both cars registered on the app with Uber and he had just forgot to switch over to the other car that day, but he said he switched over to the Prius before he started the trip so the concerned pax would be billed right.

Yep.....he said that.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Jeeps can't enter the airport queue. More like 1.) he parked his Prius in the queue, then was driving his Jeep around until he got pinged or 2.) he has a beater Prius that he uses to gain entry to the queue, then does rides in his Jeep. Or is that what you are saying?

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
He wouldn’t need a Prius at all. If you’re authorized on the app, it enters you into the queue as soon as your phone is within the boundaries. If your account allowed airport Q pick ups, you could enter on foot, and it would enter you into the queue.

·
Rebel Honey Badger
17,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he has a beater Prius that he uses to gain entry to the queue, then does rides in his Jeep. Or is that what you are saying?
That's what I'm saying. He sat in queue as a Prius on the app, but really was driving his jeep.
He wouldn't need a Prius at all. If you're authorized on the app, it enters you into the queue as soon as your phone is within the boundaries. If your account allowed airport Q pick ups, you could enter on foot, and it would enter you into the queue.
I pull into the AP lot all the time to take a break or use the restroom. My Corolla is never put in queue.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
That's what I'm saying. He sat in queue as a Prius on the app, but really was driving his jeep.

I pull into the AP lot all the time to take a break or use the restroom. My Corolla is never put in queue.
Have you been eating those funny chocolates again?

Seems like he has 2 different cars on his app.
I think the Pax was confused on the situation or made it seem worse.

I have 2 cars on my account and forgot to switch cars on my account.
My pax was staring at me when I arrived and wouldn't get in my car. Then it dawned on me that I forgot to switch to the correct car in the app.
After explaining it to her she was able to see it was me in the pic.

·
Rebel Honey Badger
17,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you been eating those funny chocolates again?

Seems like he has 2 different cars on his app.
I think the Pax was confused on the situation or made it seem worse.

I have 2 cars on my account and forgot to switch cars on my account.
My pax was staring at me when I arrived and wouldn't get in my car. Then it dawned on me that I forgot to switch to the correct car in the app.
After explaining it to her she was able to see it was me in the pic.
In SeaTac only cars that get 47+ mpg can sit in the TNC lot and be added to the queue.

I just dropped off a AP pax and got no rematch. I headed over to the Ant Farm. I drive a Corolla LE Premium. It does not get 47+ MPG.

This is my status :

2018-12-27-12-12-13.jpg

·
Registered
655 Posts

Because your Corolla is not authorized to be in the que where as in, the Prius is. He entered the lot with his Prius set as his vehicle on the app and not the Jeep. But actually he was in the Jeep. That's what Kpax was saying, if you have airport que authorized car and you enter the lot even on foot you will be in the que. There is no way the app can know how you enetered the lot.

·
Rebel Honey Badger
17,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Because your Corolla is not authorized to be in the que where as in, the Prius is. He entered the lot with his Prius set as his vehicle on the app and not the Jeep. But actually he was in the Jeep. That's what Kpax was saying, if you have airport que authorized car and you enter the lot even on foot you will be in the que. There is no way the app can know how you enetered the lot.
I'm aware of that. I used to have a Prius. That's what the pax was saying. He sat in the lot in his jeep, but didn't change over to the jeep in the app. He kept it on the Prius so he could be in queue. The driver actually owns two cars and has them both on the app.

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts

Because you aren't active as driving an eligible car so it is in your account that it doesn't put you in the queue. If this guy, for example, HAD a prius, but changed cars and didn't tell uber, it would still put him in the queue as soon as his phone went inside the geofence. It makes sense because their app said to look out for a Prius. Uber has no idea what car you're driving when you enter the queue.

·
Rebel Honey Badger
17,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Because you aren't active as driving an eligible car so it is in your account that it doesn't put you in the queue. If this guy, for example, HAD a prius, but changed cars and didn't tell uber, it would still put him in the queue as soon as his phone went inside the geofence. It makes sense because their app said to look out for a Prius. Uber has no idea what car you're driving when you enter the queue.
Exactly. Except I wonder how that will go over with SeaTac enforcement. Do they check apps to see which car you are operating under?

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
I'm aware of that. I used to have a Prius. That's what the pax was saying. He sat in the lot in his jeep, but didn't change over to the jeep in the app. He kept it on the Prius so he could be in queue. The driver actually owns two cars and has them both on the app.
Oh didn't see that. Yeah, pretty much.

·
Registered
655 Posts
My bad, I thought you were missing the point.

Exactly. Except I wonder how that will go over with SeaTac enforcement. Do they check apps to see which car you are operating under?
You can easily get away with that, telling 'em you got a rematch and the enforcers at the entry to the garage only check the app to see if you have a ride and your sticker and For hire permit. I have never seen anyone scan that green TNC sticker.

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
Not well at all. He just hasn't got caught yet. I hate idiots like this. Makes us all look shady.

My bad, I thought you were missing the point.

You can easily get away with that, telling 'em you got a rematch and the enforcers at the entry to the garage only check the app to see if you have a ride and your sticker and For hire permit. I have never seen anyone scan that green TNC sticker.
You can easily get away with a lot of things at the airport... till you don't. I wouldn't be taking chances with that one. I even have my TNC permit posted in my car (with dual mounted velcro dots, so it can be removed at any time), just in case. Why risk it?

·
Rebel Honey Badger
17,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not well at all. He just hasn't got caught yet. I hate idiots like this. Makes us all look shady.
Yep. Because the way I see it, he drives in with a Jeep, but if a SeaTac official wants to see his app, its going to show the Prius.

Also, the pax was telling me this story and wondering about the shadyness of it all. My pax was asking me if his credit card info was safe or should he be concerned with how he is billed since , he never rode in the Prius so technically he never took the ride. In his eyes he saw it this way.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts