Uber Drivers Forum banner

Do you allow more than the Max allowed riders?

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Yes, if they give a tip

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Yes, if they are small people or kids

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Yes, when pressured

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • No, The rules are the rules

Votes: 23 74.2%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From time to time, I receive request from people wanting to squeeze an extra person in my car. I drive X not XL so the max is 4 riders.

I tell them 4 people is the maximum allowed, you need to order an uber XL.

Their response, with a look of disgust is... "We've never had a problem before."

Followed by:

"The last uber driver let us do it"

Followed by:

"We aren't going that far" ...

The scenario today was a family of 5: 2 parents,3 children. I keep my doors locked at all times; until passenger verifies their name.

In this case the father began pulling and pulling at my door. When I informed him of the max. The father says to me: "But he is only 7 years old"
[To think he would convince me to give them a waiver because of his size or age]

I wouldn't care if the little boy was a little troll dolls that could fit in his sister's pocket. 4 people max is 4 people max.

I am going to need some of you drivers to stop letting the passengers get away with breaking this rule. If only all of the uber drivers knew about this site and take heed.

I told the guy: "if an accident happens, I would be liable; all passengers need their own seat belt. There are only 4 available."

I would bet you all of my uber payouts, that if an accident would have occur, that family would sue me for all I have.

I probably said too much to him as I didn't owe him any explanation beyond "no, the max is 4", but I did. It was more like a scolding.

Why risk your family's safety for a cheap ride? I ended my diatribe with "The rules are the rules and you will need to cancel."

I then drove off.

He eventually cancelled and I collected my cancellation fee.

I am sick of passengers trying to get over. If drivers would stop allowing extra passengers. Passengers will stop trying.

It amazes me that most of the rider's act as if they don't remember selecting the number of passengers when they requested the trip. When I call them on their BullSh!t, they act as if canceling hurts my feels and that the ride didn't matter anyways. GTFOH

What say you? What is your experience with extra passengers on Uber X in Chicago.

· Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Yeah... No 5 pax in my car.

1. Increased liability in case of an accident.
2. Obstructed rear view vision. I hate taking 4 pax, 5 is even worse.
3. Distracted driving. 5 pax in the car will be loud and obnoxious.
4. Extra wear and tear on my car. @90 cents a mile, they can order another car or xl car.

Have a good day. Don't argue with them... Just drive off and cancel. o_O

· Registered
3,245 Posts

4. Extra wear and tear on my car. @90 cents a mile, they can order another car or xl car.

Personally I won't do it anymore for the same reasons. My experience is it will turn into a pain the ass ride.
Let them order xl and pay the premium. Plenty of xl drivers out there accepting x who would love the business.

· Premium Member
1,629 Posts
UberX is for 4 people max.

Period.

Taking passenger 5 in an UberX car could be the end of you if you get in an accident. You could be sued for everything you have.

Collect the cancel fee and tell them to get an XL.

· Registered
128 Posts
Everyone it's allowed to gamble there future in case of and accident, I personally have my kids to get them thru school and the last thing I need is been sue for $40k over a $3.33 ride again to each it's owned but I always say NO!!

· Premium Member
973 Posts
As a ride share driver you should never accept more that what what you have seat belts for, Sunday night I saw a cab put 2 in the trunk and six in the small suv if that can were to get into a bad accident if it's his fault or not he will be sued and insurance won't pay because he broke the rules! If a car were to run into him from behind and kill the 2 guys that were sitting there that would of been very bad. Theses 3-5 rides sent working getting f**ked financly for, and it's also more wear and tear on your suspension over time for no extra money

· Registered
2,348 Posts
I'm not willing to take the added risk by putting an extra person in my car that won't have access to a seat belt , especially children.

If you got pulled over you'd be the one that would get a ticket
If you got in an accident it would be on you

Too many scenarios to risk that liability for someone that is too cheap to spend the extra couple bucks on the proper sized car .

· Premium Member
4,134 Posts
From time to time, I receive request from people wanting to squeeze an extra person in my car. I drive X not XL so the max is 4 riders.

Their response, with a look of disgust is... "We've never had a problem before."

Followed by:

Followed by:

The scenario today was a family of 5: 2 parents,3 children. I keep my doors locked at all times; until passenger verifies their name.

In this case the father began pulling and pulling at my door. When I informed him of the max. The father says to me: "But he is only 7 years old"
[To think he would convince me to give them a waiver because of his size or age]

I wouldn't care if the little boy was a little troll dolls that could fit in his sister's pocket. 4 people max is 4 people max.

I am going to need some of you drivers to stop letting the passengers get away with breaking this rule. If only all of the uber drivers knew about this site and take heed.

I told the guy: "if an accident happens, I would be liable; all passengers need their own seat belt. There are only 4 available."

I would bet you all of my uber payouts, that if an accident would have occur, that family would sue me for all I have.

I probably said too much to him as I didn't owe him any explanation beyond "no, the max is 4", but I did. It was more like a scolding.

Why risk your family's safety for a cheap ride? I ended my diatribe with "The rules are the rules and you will need to cancel."

I then drove off.

I am sick of passengers trying to get over. If drivers would stop allowing extra passengers. Passengers will stop trying.

It amazes me that most of the rider's act as if they don't remember selecting the number of passengers when they requested the trip. When I call them on their BullSh!t, they act as if canceling hurts my feels and that the ride didn't matter anyways. GTFOH

What say you? What is your experience with extra passengers on Uber X in Chicago.

Followed by:

Followed by:

I then drove off.

It's simple. The liability insurance doesn't allow for more passengers than available seat belts. How much money do they have to give you to compensate for the loss of all your personal assets after an accident? Of course they'll promise not to sue if anything happens so I guess it's all right, right?

· Registered
532 Posts

I'm with you. Don't like taking 4 paxs either.(I drive a Prius) If Uber would change "X" to max 3 pax, I'd be happy with that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.