Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2022 Koenigsegg Regera
7,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PAX are stupid. - Never mind we all know that.

Got three requests today alone from PAX that walk up to the car soaking wet and don't see an issue. One lady had the balls to say they are not wet as they are standing on the pavement and a puddle is forming below them from the dripping water. Worse yet, it is saltwater, that would leave a salt residue behind if I did let them in. I debate the issue with them until the 5 minutes is up and then I no show them.

I now keep a roll of bathroom tissue in my car door. If someone insists they are not wet and I suspect they are I hand them a square and request that they smash it against their clothes, amazing at how quickly the acknowledge they are wet.

Uber really should have more appropriate cancel reasons that pay you and don't make you wait 5 minutes.

For a while I was keeping 6-8 beach towels in my car for those stupid ones, lately the ones I did help out letting them sit on my towels have been unappreciative and don't tip. Maybe next time I'll offer to rent them the towels for $30.00 cash up front.

·
Premium Member
4,508 Posts
It amazes me how unaware and / or inconsiderate some people are.

Most are fine, respectful even but those few who aren't, man.

On a side note, keep your eyes open and hit me up if you find anything.
Font Bedrock Rock Soil Landscape

I know a guy!

·
Registered
490 Posts
You are talking about human beings, and human beings have built aluminum ships that have gone to the freaking moon. I refuse to believe this story is anywhere near truthful.

BTW I am a human being. I can't say the same for some Uber drivers driving around in a Dodge Dart. That's inhuman.

·
Premium Member
4,851 Posts
I've had three wet pax before, two chicks got in, I noticed they had a bundle of clothes, didn't realize they were wet until after they got out, and my next pax got in and complained. 1 starred the previous rider and submitted pics for a $50 cleaning fee, then went to the local car wash, for 50 cents used the wet vac to clean up as much as I could, put a towel across the back seat to soak it up and took an hour breakfast break.

The second time, the only reason I know it wasn't pee is I didn't smell anything, again took pics, submitted for $50 cleaning fee, stopped at the car wash, cleaned the back seat, took an hour meal break, put down a couple towels and moved on.

·
Premium Member
6,656 Posts

Got three requests today alone from PAX that walk up to the car soaking wet and don't see an issue. One lady had the balls to say they are not wet as they are standing on the pavement and a puddle is forming below them from the dripping water. Worse yet, it is saltwater, that would leave a salt residue behind if I did let them in. I debate the issue with them until the 5 minutes is up and then I no show them.

I now keep a roll of bathroom tissue in my car door. If someone insists they are not wet and I suspect they are I hand them a square and request that they smash it against their clothes, amazing at how quickly the acknowledge they are wet.

Uber really should have more appropriate cancel reasons that pay you and don't make you wait 5 minutes.

For a while I was keeping 6-8 beach towels in my car for those stupid ones, lately the ones I did help out letting them sit on my towels have been unappreciative and don't tip. Maybe next time I'll offer to rent them the towels for $30.00 cash up front.
Maybe you're just that kind of guy that makes a woman wet?

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts

Don't you work in a beach town? I bought some cheap water proof seat covers from Walmart... I got a request from a Water Park today but I cancelled it because I'm not a drama queen... :side:

·
Premium Member
731 Posts

I learned the hard way during my rookie days. I left the door open and 4 people came from the back of the house and jumped in my car. When I was about to drive off they said wait there is one more person. I said I can only take maximum 4 plus the car was compact. They said nevermind then and when they all jumped back out all I saw 4 wet spots in all the seats. Cloth seats were wet and soggy. Out of commission for the rest of day. It was a pool party pickup. Duh

·
Premium Member
10,052 Posts
This must go over really well with the pax, especially if some of the tp gets stuck on their clothes. A paper towel would be better and would absorb more.

·
Premium Member
28,032 Posts
He/she/they deleted one of post regarding a new member about 2 months ago... I was just voicing my displeasure... :side:
There's a reason @MHR doesn't have you on the welcoming committee. 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
is there an opening, and an application, for the welcoming committee? I feel like I am ideal for the job.

how much does it pay?
NO.

Sorry, what I meant to say was, "thank you for your interest however there are no openings at this time. I'll be sure and let you know the minute something becomes available."

·
Super Moderator
2022 Koenigsegg Regera
7,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This must go over really well with the pax, especially if some of the tp gets stuck on their clothes. A paper towel would be better and would absorb more.
I want the TP to fall apart, sure sign they are wet. Paper towel could hide the wet.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Koenigsegg Regera
7,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OR, you could just get some ****ing seat covers
Seat covers are not for everyone, I'll pass. Even if I had seat covers and someone got in wet, now the seat covers are wet and the next PAX gets in and sits on a wet seat cover. I'll work on keeping wet PAX out of my car over seat covers.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts