Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
12,545 Posts
I had picked up the passenger and during the ride, I look down and it's gone. It appeared just like I was in normal online mode but it pisses me off because they tried compensating me only $19 and then lecture me how it is my responsibility to start and end trips accurately! :mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a ride that I could not close. I shut the app off and when I restarted it the ride had finished, Immediately after I had a pool ride with 2 different riders in two different locations that had their addresses flipped. Didn't figured this out until I delivered one, by their directions and tried to cancel the second. Had the second passenger cite me as "Unprofessional". I'm telling Uber that will not be accepting pools until the admit culpability.

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
I have done close to 100 trips since my 5 star count has gone up. I got a few compliments but not one 5 star added. I know it has nothing to do with $$ but it's odd that it hasn't moved in a week and a half.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I had a trip around 8:20 pm from Capitol Hill toward RiNo. Once I swiped right on the green Start Trip, the app hung up, presumably waiting for the network, and I had no destination. The riders directed me and it took maybe 5 minutes for the trip startup sequence to finish and for the destination to appear. Upon arrival the app again hung and wouldn't finish the trip. I finally killed and restarted it, and it woke up with pickup screen for the trip! I got the "Did you start the trip late? We can help!" dialog and had to reply yes, then end the trip then and there. Thankfully there were no more problems and the trip appeared to log correctly (and pay correctly) in my trip history.

Much later I wound up in Boulder, far from my home base south of downtown Denver, so I set home as a destination, and the surges previously displayed were nowhere to be seen! I did get a trip soon though, and a surge was applied, even though I couldn't see the surge the instant before I accepted.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Many times during the day, Sunday, when switching to the "uber driver" app, I would get the pulsating blue-green screen for minutes (seems longer, when you're driving), and a couple times it would switch to the blue-screen when starting or ending the ride. It never lost anything, when it finally engaged. Maybe Uber doesn't have the bandwidth to handle all the new driver's it's added? I think it was doing this Saturday, too.

Also, yesterday, got two, nearby, pickups in the middle of a surge, one over 2x all around me. That one billed as "SELECT" which I am not, and the other had NO surge multiplier!

I normally get a couple 5-star ratings a day, but none this weekend.

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Many times during the day, Sunday, when switching to the "uber driver" app, I would get the pulsating blue-green screen for minutes (seems longer, when you're driving), and a couple times it would switch to the blue-screen when starting or ending the ride. It never lost anything, when it finally engaged. Maybe Uber doesn't have the bandwidth to handle all the new driver's it's added? I think it was doing this Saturday, too.

Also, yesterday, got two, nearby, pickups in the middle of a surge, one over 2x all around me. That one billed as "SELECT" which I am not, and the other had NO surge multiplier!

I normally get a couple 5-star ratings a day, but none this weekend.
My rating is 4.93 and it's odd that my number of 5 star rides hasn't moved in 100 rides. Glad I am not the only one. Uber is always glitchy. Saturday night I had to restart the app and my phone as it would not let me drop off a pax, right in the middle of a surge too.

Also got a bunch of surge rides Saturday night for once, usually get stiffed on surges.

My 5 star trips gained 12 overnight so I guess the app is back to counting them since I haven't driven since Sunday morning. Just got an airport ride, pickup was about a block and a half out of the boost zone, go figure, and the queue is the highest I have ever entered at 151, no point of driving back empty with traffic all backed up. Gonna wait it out but this is gonna suck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts