Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Hey, this is Eric and Kevin from Cargo, a company that helps rideshare drivers earn more money by providing FREE snacks, samples, and premium products to passengers during their ride. We're currently operating in Chicago, New York, and Boston, and we're in the process of expanding to other cities.

Eric is a co-founder at Cargo and its General Manager and Kevin is our Driver Operations Lead. We both work with drivers every day and we're excited to answer all your questions about Cargo. Ask us anything!

If you're interested in signing up for Cargo - click here

Hand Publication Finger Luggage and bags Nail

· Super Moderator
3,148 Posts
I can vouch for this company, I use it. Someone posted about them on here, and I said I'd make a thread about it. But because anyone that does something different is clearly an Uber shill / employee I didn't post my review.

They ship you all the items, they rotate the brands, its an easy system for pax. They just go to a website and punch in your box number and they select their stuff.

I've been paid every single time they said they would pay me, they have an easy to access earnings page from the phone. I'm making exactly what they say I'd make a month. Also Hi Kevin, I'm the other one.

· Premium Member
3,030 Posts
You Cargo Do know it's Illegal for TLC drivers to sell anything out of their Car...Right ??
It was Illegal to advertise Juno. Now they want you to advertise Cargo. Lmao. I think Drivers should sell their own items in their own cars.
After all, Drivers are the ones making car payments, paying insurance, paying for repairs.

· Registered
40 Posts
How about TLC rules?

§80-15 Operations – General Rules During Operation of Vehicle
No Marketing to Passengers.
A Driver must not sell, advertise or recommend any service or merchandise to any Passenger without prior written Commission approval.
Exception: A Driver of a For-Hire Vehicle or Street Hail Livery can promote the services offered by the vehicle’s affiliated Base.
§80-15(g) Fine: $50 Appearance REQUIRED

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Price list?
What items are displayed for sale?
We provide each driver with a different set of items, such as snacks, gum/mints, energy shots, advil, phone chargers, and more, and almost half of them are completely free to your passengers. When one of your passengers wants to purchase an item or get a free sample, they just go to www.cargo.menu to see the prices and and can check out in under a minute.

· Premium Member
2,164 Posts
How about TLC rules?

§80-15 Operations - General Rules During Operation of Vehicle
No Marketing to Passengers.
A Driver must not sell, advertise or recommend any service or merchandise to any Passenger without prior written Commission approval.
Exception: A Driver of a For-Hire Vehicle or Street Hail Livery can promote the services offered by the vehicle's affiliated Base.
§80-15(g) Fine: $50 Appearance REQUIRED
Response?

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I enjoy selling in the backseat. Should I consider / do I need a middleman? How do your MBAs help my selling?
We make the whole process seamless for drivers - we provide you with all of the products for free, ship everything to your door whenever you're running low, and give passengers a fast and easy checkout process. We even pay you to give out free samples, so you can make extra money on more trips.

You have a match and you enter a wagon with a candle, a lamp and a fireplace. Which one do you light first? Cargo
The match

· Premium Member
2,164 Posts
We make the whole process seamless for drivers - we provide you with all of the products for free, ship everything to your door whenever you're running low, and give passengers a fast and easy checkout process. We even pay you to give out free samples, so you can make extra money on more trips.

The match
The Wagon (I'm destructive)

Seriously can we sell this without fear of TLC? If this gets big I can see enforcement down the road unless you have a loophole.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It was Illegal to advertise Juno. Now they want you to advertise Cargo. Lmao. I think Drivers should sell their own items in their own cars.
After all, Drivers are the ones making car payments, paying insurance, paying for repairs.
We're all for each driver doing what's best for themselves, and we designed Cargo so that it would make you even more than selling on your own. We provide you with the products for free so you don't have to spend money out of pocket, and we pay you to distribute free samples, so you can make that extra income on even more rides. We also save you the time and hassle of going to purchase items to sell and ship everything to your door.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Wagon (I'm destructive)

Seriously can we sell this without fear of TLC? If this gets big I can see enforcement down the road unless you have a loophole.
Response?
I hear your concern about the TLC, but we've talked to the commissioner and were told the TLC has no interest in regulating us. As we get bigger, it's going to be vending/food safety agencies that are more interested in regulating us, and we've followed all the legal guidelines to do everything with them by the books. Cargo drivers do hundreds of thousands of rides a month, and we've never had a single TLC issue come up.

· Registered
225 Posts
I hear your concern about the TLC, but we've talked to the commissioner and were told the TLC has no interest in regulating us. As we get bigger, it's going to be vending/food safety agencies that are more interested in regulating us, and we've followed all the legal guidelines to do everything with them by the books. Cargo drivers do hundreds of thousands of rides a month, and we've never had a single TLC issue come up.
Who stands to face the penalty? Drivers or Cargo? Do you have it in writing? How many drivers do you have with Cargo in NYC?

· Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Glad YOU feel safe. I can see a buy and bust go down like those snots at the airport "how much for such and such?", then BAM badges out.

I like the idea and I'm not trying to be difficult but in NYC you better be looking out for #1 and follow the rules or you will pay the price.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.