Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
This is really old, they used to have flat rates to the airports from Manhattan only, unless they are bringing it back. They also used to charge NYC rates when departing from EWR, but everyone knows that ended in January. The flat rates from Manhattan to the airports all disappeared one by one first LGA, then EWR, and last was JFK to be eliminated.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is really old, they used to have flat rates to the airports from Manhattan only, unless they are bringing it back. They also used to charge NYC rates when departing from EWR, but everyone knows that ended in January. The flat rates from Manhattan to the airports all disappeared one by one first LGA, then EWR, and last was JFK to be eliminated.
Then why haven't they removed this? It's still on the app

·
Registered
846 Posts
Then why haven't they removed this? It's still on the app
Which app? I haven't seen it...is your app up to date? It's obviously from passenger version, for New York City...but when they reduced fares in NJ in January this year, they eliminated NYC pricing at EWR, you certainly must remember that? There was a huge stink about it on this site for about two months after it happened

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope, dude just came over to me asking if I only do rides on the app. I asked what he meant and he said "like, can I pay you cash" I responded hell yeah. I was gonna charge about $200 but before I could say anything he started talking, " you're not gonna rip me off and charge me $500 right?"
Me: "$500? No way"
Him: " good, $300 work?"
Me: "yeah that's fine" (doing a little dance in my head

The whole thing sounded very weird at first but slowly it started making sense. Guy was in his late 20's but doesn't have an uber account? Clearly overpaying for the ride? Using an old flip phone? But the whole time he didn't seem shady. I actually thought he might be an ex-Amish. But then we start talking.

He's a farmer.
"Really? What do you farm"
"2 acres of marijuana"

Now it all made sense

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Elly is what we call gyspy . She doesn’t do Uber. hahaha

You see them all the time at the luggage area asking pax if they need a ride.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Elly is what we call gyspy . She doesn't do Uber. hahaha

You see them all the time at the luggage area asking pax if they need a ride.
Yep! You got it, but with some variations. First of all I'm a dude. But I'm also still an active driver. I do one ride a month on the app. That way I'm not lying to my pax when I tell them that I'm an actual driver. I do all my rides off the app

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Yeah I see these spanish dudes in suits. “ need a ride? need a ride” hahaha

I’m like there is no way anyone is going to take his offer. But they do. hahaha

I actually saw one hook a fare.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts