Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really did not need to break my hip even if I was working Uber Eats or not but I guess I will look for something that I can do while staying at home? But, it will save on gas staying at home and not driving my car.

·
Premium Member
15,944 Posts
I really did not need to break my hip even if I was working Uber Eats or not but I guess I will look for something that I can do while staying at home? But, it will save on gas staying at home and not driving my car.
How'd you do that?
Gotta work on that dismount, eh?

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
4,647 Posts
Nothing like a personal tragedy to show up everyone's true colors.

Reactions: Invisible

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
9,574 Posts
I know the pain.

I have an artificial hip, it’s also an above the knee amputation (IED blast)

You have s long recovery. My best advice to you is to not sit still. Move around as much as you can for no reason, readjust your position in the chair/bed ect.

Also don’t be afraid of looking like an old man and use the walker. It’s not worth risking a fall and hurting yourself again. Your also much better doing 1000 steps with s walker then 100 without it.

I still use my walker, well mostly because I like to give my stump s break to breathe. It really helps.

also once you get to PT do more than the minimum, huge help.

·
Premium Member
12,204 Posts
I know the pain.

I have an artificial hip, it’s also an above the knee amputation (IED blast)

You have s long recovery. My best advice to you is to not sit still. Move around as much as you can for no reason, readjust your position in the chair/bed ect.

Also don’t be afraid of looking like an old man and use the walker. It’s not worth risking a fall and hurting yourself again. Your also much better doing 1000 steps with s walker then 100 without it.

I still use my walker, well mostly because I like to give my stump s break to breathe. It really helps.

also once you get to PT do more than the minimum, huge help.
hi steve your a vet..??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts