Premium Member
28,078 Posts
Reactions: OCJarvis

·
Premium Member
Cheapest SUV I can find for the Black Market
8,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ride#2 could have put me right back to LAX if I was patient. As far as tires go, I do have a Costco membership I might try that. I'm just scared to drive on the tires I have considering they just threw the Tread. Instead of making $400 today, I'm going to end up spending five

Nice numbers

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
The main benefits of Costco are the free roadhazard, flat repairs and rotation + balance. You actually need to get the rotation done by every 8k miles to maintain their warranty at Costco and they won't dick you around as much as most tire places will if you actually need to use the manufacture treadwear warranty.

The downside is Costco doesn't carry any cheap off brand tires so you have a choice of Michelin (EXPENSIVE), BFGoodrich (cheaper and owned by Michelin) or Bridgestone (currently on sale for $100 off a set).

If money is no object I would go with Michelin Defender's that come with a 80k mile treadwear warranty.

Equally as good but much cheaper are Yokohama Avid GT tires that run about 25% less than the Defender's.

If you are in the west valley, Tires by Mark has some great cheap tires and include mount/balance and free lifetime flat repair and rotations. I haven't found anyone that can beat their prices locally.

·
Banned
3,663 Posts
morning was going GREAT!! Big rebound heading into the weekend. View attachment 309698

Then all of a sudden, your in Oxnard with this..... View attachment 309697

Lost the tread on the 101. Pax let me change the tire and complete the trip..Nice Guy
Oh man. That ducking sucks,was that the last tire from the 3 you changed after you blew them out in Santa Clarita?

·
Registered
943 Posts
The main benefits of Costco are the free roadhazard, flat repairs and rotation + balance. You actually need to get the rotation done by every 8k miles to maintain their warranty at Costco and they won't dick you around as much as most tire places will if you actually need to use the manufacture treadwear warranty.

The downside is Costco doesn't carry any cheap off brand tires so you have a choice of Michelin (EXPENSIVE), BFGoodrich (cheaper and owned by Michelin) or Bridgestone (currently on sale for $100 off a set).

If money is no object I would go with Michelin Defender's that come with a 80k mile treadwear warranty.

Equally as good but much cheaper are Yokohama Avid GT tires that run about 25% less than the Defender's.

If you are in the west valley, Tires by Mark has some great cheap tires and include mount/balance and free lifetime flat repair and rotations. I haven't found anyone that can beat their prices locally.
Tires by mark is legit. If you're really cheap you can get 4 new 45k tires for about $230

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.