Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firday 5pm, no surge or boost
College kids are gone, grad parties have ended...welcome.
This will continue till August and will become worse if and when Congress goes home too

Brace yourselves

Ecoregion Map World Line Atlas

·
26,209 Posts
Rohit must have given me a special version of the application on Friday. I hit surges from 2:30-4:30 P.M. and one just after 6 P.M. The one just after
6 P.M. was a 2,9 from the West End to Columbia Heights. The earlier surges were mild: 1,2-1,3. Most of it was base rates, though. To-day, it was mostly base rates; one or two mild surge jobs. I did manage to hit my weekend Quest to-day. I got an OK Quest this weekend: thirty for eighty-five. Last weekend it was something like twenty-five for seventy-five and I hit that one, as well. I did not even try to hit the weekday Quest, as it was not that great and I drove the cab for three or four days. This weekend I got an extra five trips, but for an extra ten dollars.

Reactions: UberPotomac

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
Considering you're in Clarksburg, you're obviously working with a plan that involves the burbs. Most people.on here rely on the city to make their trips.
Notice I am offline that's on my way to the city those were all city rides n no pool or express since I have open my account in western md I don't receive pool or express

·
Premium Member
6,418 Posts
Notice I am offline that's on my way to the city those were all city rides n no pool or express since I have open my account in western md I don't receive pool or express
You could easily be perching up somewhere in Baltimore. I don't know where you're going based on that screenshot.

Anyways, I wonder if the algorithm plays favorites with accounts not based in the market you end up driving in. I get favorable trips in the Baltimore.market but crappy ones in the DC market where I'm based out of.

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
Considering you're in Clarksburg, you're obviously working with a plan that involves the burbs. Most people.on here rely on the city to make their trips.
LOL right now 6:30am there are 4 drivers in Clarksburg. Ants will be starving this weekend. Should be awesome looking at the map tonight when there are no pings and everyone is short on Quest.

·
26,209 Posts
Today for me = 15 rides , 7.45 hours and 184 bucks between Uber and Lyft.
Are you driving X or XL?

You and I were averaging about the same: I had seventeen trips for just under one-hundred forty in a little over six hours; a few mild surges but mostly base rates and a pile of long minimums. I like the short minimums but hate the long ones (DuPont to Logan is fine, DuPont to Cleveland Park is actually a minimum and [performs a vacuum-creating action] ). I did hit the Quest, so if you add the appropriate proportion of the eighty-five to that (seventeen trips Saturday; thirteen Friday), you add just over forty-eight bananas, so, in reality, I came out with something over one-hundred-eighty for a few minutes over six hours.

What this proves is that Uber does need to subsidise the drivers so that they can run the absolute minimum per hour to stay out here. With the "subsidies", I am running more than the absolute bare minimum (I did that even without them, Saturday and Friday--the subsidies, for me, at least, simply ensure "good" weeks, instead of Absolute Bare Minimum Weeks). If you are not running at least twenty bananas the hour after about three hours, you are wasting your time, out there. The twenty represents the absolute bare minimum. Anything less than that and you are working mostly to pay your expenses, with little profit left; how little depends on how much under twenty-the-hour that you are running.

Of course, if you have a hoopty that breaks down frequently or has parts that constantly wear out, you need to run even more per hour.

It really was not that bad, in the City, at least not for me. Rohit must have given me a special version of the application, which surprises me, since my accept rate is in the mid forties.

I did notice that most of the cabs that I saw Saturday had customers, so I am going to try the cab, to-day (Sunday).

LOL right now 6:30am there are 4 drivers in Clarksburg. Ants will be starving this weekend. Should be awesome looking at the map tonight when there are no pings and everyone is short on Quest.
Saturday was not bad, for me, at least. I did notice that most of the cabs had customers. If that is the case, it usually is pretty good for Uber. It was not as good as I would have expected, but it was not all that bad, either. I was mostly in the City. I had a few to Arlington and two from it, both of which came back into the City. Most of what I had were minimums, including more than a few long minimums.

One thing about the suburbs is that you can run the long minimums more quickly than you can run them in the City, unless you start in the Palisades, Spring Valley, Tenally, Chevy Chase or North Portal. If you can get a long minimum from Foxhall, Wesley Heights, Glover Park, North Cleveland Park, Cleveland Park, Woodley Park, Mount Pleasant, Columbia Heights or Petworth that goes North, those are tolerable, as well. Most of them go South or East, though, so they are as time consuming as the long minimums that start Downtown, the Mall, Foggy Bottom or Georgetown.

The long minimums are similar to the long One and Two Zoners that we used to hate as cab drivers (K Street to Capitol Hill, Georgetown to the Hospital Centre, Woodley Park on Connecticut to Greenway. The last was a horrid three zone trip: The Zoo Connecticut Entrance to Our Lady Queen of Peace for three zones: it was downright CRIMINAL)

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
I had a Great Night!! Almost as good as NYE.. but I lucked into some boost/ surge long XL rides.. One ride alone netting me $78.
Maybe adjust the hours you are driving.. Late Night is working out great for me.. Late night will slow down July- Mid August for sure.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.