Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to this newly created "city" forum. Binghamton & Syracuse are both part of the new Upstate-NY region, which covers the entire state north of Rockland & Westchester Counties. The Governor of NYS recently signed legislation allowing Uber, Lyft, and other TNCs (Transportation Network Companies) to operate in New York State outside of New York City, where they have been for many years. Operations may begin anytime on or after June 29, 2017.

There is still a lot of confusion about how drivers can take advantage of the new opportunities. There are 2 groups that have an interest. Each have unique issues. All may be discussed here.
  1. NY State residents that have never done ridesharing before.
  2. Drivers in surrounding states (CT,MA,NJ,etc.) that would also like to pickup in Upstate-NY.
There already are several other New York State forums that may have important information:
You may wish to examine information that exists in other threads in these forums
Information direct from Uber and how to speak in-person to an Uber representative may be found here.
Lyft, Uber's main competitor, is planning to operate in Upstate-NY, but has not set any dates.

If you live outside of these areas and would like to see a city forum specific to your region then you may wish to vote and post at
https://uberpeople.net/threads/upstate-ny.172494/
or start a new thread in the same forum, unique to your area elsewhere in Upstate NY.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Utica and Ithaca are both much closer to Syracuse than either is to Binghamton. However, neither Uber or Lyft have announced service in those cities, unless you have hear something. When they finally do, should Utica and Ithaca join Syracuse? Should far away Binghamton be moved to it's own forum? What do you think?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3 Posts
When they finally do, should Utica and Ithaca join Syracuse? Should far away Binghamton be moved to it's own forum? What do you think?
Syracuse should be moved on its own. Utica could be combined as a Mohawk Valley/Utica, Binghamton/Southern Tier and Ithaca/Finger Lakes (Cayuga)

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Syracuse should be moved on its own. Utica could be combined as a Mohawk Valley/Utica, Binghamton/Southern Tier and Ithaca/Finger Lakes (Cayuga)
For that to become possible there would need to be a lot more than 4 threads with 12 (now 13) combined posts (half of them mine) in this forum. I encourage everyone who reads this to increase the volume and variety of the discussions.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I completely understand...I was just laying out the region for you because I didn't know if you were local or not.
Not local now, but NYS and I have a history. I used to live and work in NYS, have family there, and went to college in Erie county. Now in SW CT, eventually plan to drive in Westchester county, returning from NYC airport runs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts