Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I'm driving in the 1.3 AM boost zone. Get a ping for pick up and it says 1.3 surge, all good right? Notice at end of day the fare has no boost or anything, uber tells me it's outside of the boost zone (it was right on the edge of the zone to be accurate) and they will investigate. Anybody ever get anything like this before where a boost is promised but not paid in these circumstances?

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
So today I'm driving in the 1.3 AM boost zone. Get a ping for pick up and it says 1.3 surge, all good right? Notice at end of day the fare has no boost or anything, uber tells me it's outside of the boost zone (it was right on the edge of the zone to be accurate) and they will investigate. Anybody ever get anything like this before where a boost is promised but not paid in these circumstances?
Rider has to be in uber boost zone to apply. For lyft rider or driver anyone in the area boost applies.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I get the rider has to be in the zone and I think they still were what I'm saying is that on the ping I got the 1.3 surge symbol like normal and then nothing was applied. That was the weirdness.

·
Premium Member
9,098 Posts
Have been screwed by Uber before when they offer boost from a specific hour on their promotions menu on the APP and then I picked up the request within that time. End of fare no boost. Sent a request to customer service to get a fare adjustment, and then they claimed that there was NO Boost offered. So, with Uber they can cancel the boost after they announced it and damn the drivers that get deceived. Completely uncaring customer service that don't show 1 shred of empathy for anyone. :(:(:(:(

Yeah I get the rider has to be in the zone and I think they still were what I'm saying is that on the ping I got the 1.3 surge symbol like normal and then nothing was applied. That was the weirdness.
That's bad, you even had the surge symbol. In the future with Uber you better take a screenshot, in case the S**T happens again! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Premium Member
9,098 Posts
&%[email protected]!*ing happened to me yesterday, i swear i accepted pool at 1.5x. Wasted 1h with for $27, emailed support and they claimed the display couldn't have been 1.5x as the ping was outside the zone.
That's pretty f**K** up. For a technology company that claims to be on the cutting edge, but yet they can't keep accurate electronic records for each driver's account, pretty disappointing. Luckily, haven't had the problem on LYFT yet. LOL.

·
Banned
3,995 Posts
That's pretty f**K** up. For a technology company that claims to be on the cutting edge, but yet they can't keep accurate electronic records for each driver's account, pretty disappointing. Luckily, haven't had the problem on LYFT yet. LOL.
You got to remember that these guys don't give two shits about this ride sharing thing. They are building ai tech and are focusing their developers attention on that.

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
&%[email protected]!*ing happened to me yesterday, i swear i accepted pool at 1.5x. Wasted 1h with for $27, emailed support and they claimed the display couldn't have been 1.5x as the ping was outside the zone.
You know the pick up address. Chk whether it's in zone or not . If it's in zone and time frame uber will honour boost.

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
Have been screwed by Uber before when they offer boost from a specific hour on their promotions menu on the APP and then I picked up the request within that time. End of fare no boost. Sent a request to customer service to get a fare adjustment, and then they claimed that there was NO Boost offered. So, with Uber they can cancel the boost after they announced it and damn the drivers that get deceived. Completely uncaring customer service that don't show 1 shred of empathy for anyone. :(:(:(:(

That's bad, you even had the surge symbol. In the future with Uber you better take a screenshot, in case the S**T happens again! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Hard to screenshot it fast enough !

·
Premium Member
6,465 Posts
That's just Uber being Uber. :(:(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts