Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was waiting at McDonald's and got the ping, accepted it and passenger cancelled within 5 seconds. A minute later ping came through again so I accepted it and called her to make sure.

Picked her up and started the trip on the app. While driving down the M4 I randomly checked the app to find that I'm not in a trip. I asked her if she cancelled and she started the "I don't know what's happened" larky.

Pulled over in Heston services and checked the app to see no cancellation fee or anything so I took her phone and requested again however it now wasn't an airport rate.

Told uber and luckily got the total amount now.

Still I'm confused how she managed to cancel without it charging her anything at all. Has this happened to anyone or something similar?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I took an Uber from home to Kempton Park at the weekend. It looked like I haven't been charged for it as I've yet to receive a receipt by email from Uber, and I didn't get a chance to rate the driver when I opened the app again later that evening to book a return.

On the return journey I requested another Uber as normal and conveniently it just happened to be another member of this forum... ;-) the trip went through OK, received an email receipt, so I assume he'll get paid, but again didn't get a change to give him his rating.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Something happened with me on Saturday where the app crashed/closed when I dropped the passenger off. When I started it up again it allowed me to complete the trip and rate passenger, even showed the fare amount on the last journey bit.. but it did not show up on my trip history or statement. Emailed them only to be told to wait 48 hours, messaged them again this morning, was asked for time and name of passenger, once I responded to that email was told to wait another couple of days! first time I had this issue with them, guess I will just have to wait! was a 35 quid job as well :p

·
Registered
824 Posts
I did west end to Luton airport Saturday early hours. as soon as I got 5 miles away from the airport it logged me.out. the job disappeared into thin air. Uber asked for customers name date time pick up and drop off. then I got paid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts