Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'll complete this Friday am into the early afternoon.
Wow never knew $3/ride existed on Uber since they started offering these split week promos. I normally get $1.66-2.50 a ride and every now and then around $1 a ride which for those weeks I just do minimal driving 1.8x surge/boost and above. I don't get why for me they keep trying to do $1/ride or 65 trips every couple months for a week or 2. Each time is the same result: I barely drive.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Wow never knew $3/ride existed on Uber since they started offering these split week promos. I normally get $1.66-2.50 a ride and every now and then around $1 a ride which for those weeks I just do minimal driving 1.8x surge/boost and above. I don't get why for me they keep trying to do $1/ride or 65 trips every couple months for a week or 2. Each time is the same result: I barely drive.
They reward the drivers who are dependable, above 80%-85 acceptance rate, low cancellation rates. I'm what you call a driver who is better then 90% or more then other drivers. I'll get better promotions based on this unfortunately.

·
Registered
333 Posts
They reward the drivers who are dependable, above 80%-85 acceptance rate, low cancellation rates. I'm what you call a driver who is better then 90% or more then other drivers. I'll get better promotions based on this unfortunately.
My acceptance rate is 52% right now due to snowstorms. I will not drive 4 miles to pick up a pax and not more than 5 minutes out. and i dont do pools. also my cancellation rate is 14% and i still get pretty good incentives. I am however after 800 rides a 4.93 driver.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm a partirme driver yes, 18-24 hours a week. i've been burned too many times, Driving 2-3 miles to pick up someone whose just going less than a mile. You actually lose money on those trips. I find my self working less for the same amount of money that i was making the first 3-4 weeks of when i started. and i accept a request at say 1.6X and by the time i get near the pax' location i see the surge has jumped to say 2.2X that pax is getting CANCELED! and i am off to the 2.2x request.

$90 for 40 trips this weekend.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I'm a partirme driver yes, 18-24 hours a week. i've been burned too many times, Driving 2-3 miles to pick up someone whose just going less than a mile. You actually lose money on those trips. I find my self working less for the same amount of money that i was making the first 3-4 weeks of when i started. and i accept a request at say 1.6X and by the time i get near the pax' location i see the surge has jumped to say 2.2X that pax is getting CANCELED! and i am off to the 2.2x request.

$90 for 40 trips this weekend.
How do you know the surge once you picked up? It's better to be burned a lil. My rule of thumb is mins to the pax not mileage since I can careless about that.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I don't think its that. I think the computer gives good promos to consistent drivers (those who work similar time blocks consistently each week esp busy hours) who work when they have good promotions but ride count drastically decreases without.

It also seems to give good promos to people who hardly drive to encourage them to drive more. It then decreases those promos until it finds the lowest the driver will consistently drive for. Then every now and then tests to see if driver will drive for less.

Unfortunately it seems that people who drive non busy hours or have a low hourly earnings average get the low promos as well as those who the computer can tell will work anyway without the promotions. Also those who get high promos for a few weeks but don't drive consistently each week when the promos are offered.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.