Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wait. New guy here so forgive the ignorance.
But you have to be online for all of those hours, and all of those days, and make all of those trips with an 80% acceptance rate to get those guarantees?
First time ai read it ai thought you could just choose the one you wanted to go for and get that specific guarantee and ignore the others if that's what you chose to do.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
You'll never make the minimum required trips. Uber will make sure of it.
Not even going to try. Last weekend I wasn't going to bother but saw continual surging in the Heights and went out. Made more than I would have with guarantees by only accepting 2.4 or above surge and worked 8pm to 1:15am.

When the guarantees were $40 and above it was worth taking a chance on missing one because the risk benefit ratio was better. Now you're better off ignoring them. However unless you have surging going on its not even worth driving.

They are pushing the drivers who can make money part time to work more and many simply won't/can't drive more hours.

They have a system where working part time is the only thing worth doing and then pushing those drivers away. It makes no sense.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
Wait. New guy here so forgive the ignorance.
But you have to be online for all of those hours, and all of those days, and make all of those trips with an 80% acceptance rate to get those guarantees?
First time ai read it ai thought you could just choose the one you wanted to go for and get that specific guarantee and ignore the others if that's what you chose to do.
No each period is its own entity IN HOUSTON. Every market has different rules. But you have to have overall enough hours. So if you worked say 6pm- 9 pm and got the guarantee as far as trips, acceptance rate etc. you could work 30 mins in the next hour and tske a 2 hour break and that 30 mins would simply not matter for guarantees except as overall hours worked. You could then do the 12AM to 3am guarantee again separately. Let's say you didn't get 8 trips during that time. You wouldn't get that guarantee but it wouldn't affect the earlier one.

FYI the trip counts for the time you ACCEPT it. So if you need an 8th trip y 3am and you accept it at 2:59 am you should qualify even if you pick up the pax and drop them off after 3am.

What happens if you pick up on the hour I don't know.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
HAHAA, I guess none of you jokers are signing up and Uber is getting worried. I just received this text:

UBER: Hi ______, are you planning to drive this weekend (8/7-8/9)? If so, be sure to opt in for your guarantees here: ____

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I only work part time too... If they would have started my guarantee at 3pm, I would have worked the 3pm till midnight slots, but since they didn't I won't work until 6pm. Maybe I will work a few hours waiting around at the airport tomorrow to get some hours in without having to drive around with short bs trips for an extra 4 hrs

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
YUOTE="Hondaguy7643, post: 402917, member: 12962"]I guess working part time gets you better guarantees? My minimum online requirement is 7 hours and I have a decent amount of periods.[/QUOTE]
my SO has the same thing but that's my point the trying to get us to work more and more

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not even going to try. Last weekend I wasn't going to bother but saw continual surging in the Heights and went out. Made more than I would have with guarantees by only accepting 2.4 or above surge and worked 8pm to 1:15am.

When the guarantees were $40 and above it was worth taking a chance on missing one because the risk benefit ratio was better. Now you're better off ignoring them. However unless you have surging going on its not even worth driving.

They are pushing the drivers who can make money part time to work more and many simply won't/can't drive more hours.

They have a system where working part time is the only thing worth doing and then pushing those drivers away. It makes no sense.
Still new but let's say I am in the Heights and I see a surge pop and leave pop and leave like near NRG is the consensus to go chase it? I keep hearing mixed, some say you are better off staying where you are and not risking the gas plus once you get there it is gone, some say to be where the surge is. I still get very confused about that. And yesterday I was in Montrose sitting during a "consistently high demand" for 30 minutes no pings, I decide to go offline and move and it says "are you sure? High demand in your area" so I stay on...15 minutes and nothing.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I chased a surge for the first time today. It was in the U of H area. As soon as I crossed 288 it went away and never came back. Fortunately I caught a call from campus to League City, then caught another from League city to the Tesla dealership on North freeway that put me back on my side of town, netted me 70 bucks and got a $50 tip. Figured I better head home before my luck changed. Was thinking about going to the heights tonight and going for the guarantee from 9 to 12. Do I need to opt in right away, or can I just before 9 if I make it that far. Not sure how it all works yet. What happens if you opt in and don't get enough calls? It it just like not opting in?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
And of course, you won't be able to make the minimum ride requirement. Funny how it always seems to work out that way. The only Uber guarantee that ever comes true is you are guaranteed to get lied to and screwed over.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts