Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Have not been working at all last week, saw a lot of massive surges last week end Sat nights specially31.07.16 , but at same time, lots of cars hanging around. How was the week end, Good or Bad. ??

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Drove Sat night 6pm -> 1am.... Was a good night, all surge jobs other than 1 or two in between waves.

Can't comment for the rest of the weekend though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
yea, it continuously surged from 6pm - 2am. I was surprised too however didn't get more than 2.3x whilst it was 3.5x nearby on several ocassions

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Out of 23 jobs for Saturday I had 16 with surges (highest 2.9), two no shows and five standard fare. It was one of the best nights of the year for me. Friday night was average. I then worked hard on Sunday to make it my biggest week for the year.

·
Premium Member
3,626 Posts
I actually decided to turn on my X platform when it was 1.9x in the CBD on Friday night, with a destination filter set for home. Get a ping... It's a min fare trip within the CBD meh... At least $4.80 x 1.9 = $9.12, not too shabby... But Eats is still more profitable :D Averaged $30/h on Friday night with driving 60km, but more downtime past 8.30pm.

But Saturday night was way better. Started earlier and cleared up by 8.30pm again. $43/h and 78km. Short trips really do shift the $/km and $/h balance. Hate doing long drives so hope you guys cleaned up on the high surge long distance trips! Nowadays any trip that is >3km I consider as long :D

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
It was a good night tried my new strategy of beginning online a bit earlier picked up first job from Park Orchards to Collingwood on 1.8 surge, then back out to suburbs, in and out in and out.

The only way cause EATS was pinging me like mad so kept on getting logged out so stupid to stay in CBD.

Overall not a bad night, certainly felt like less drivers on the road.

·
Premium Member
5,525 Posts
I was out this Saturday from 11
Saturday night was the best I have seen in 12 months, 14 hours @ $49.00 per hour
These numbers are really good especially because there are few hours when the surge is gone.

Maybe I should s
It was a good night tried my new strategy of beginning online a bit earlier picked up first job from Park Orchards to Collingwood on 1.8 surge, then back out to suburbs, in and out in and out.

The only way cause EATS was pinging me like mad so kept on getting logged out so stupid to stay in CBD.

Not less drivers, more eat jobs and more riders

·
Registered
158 Posts

Since the ATO have sent letters out regarding paying GST and doing a Bass statement a lot of drivers are off line now

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
I never got a letter from the ATO but certainly didn't see any other drivers on the road lol.

Wonder how this Sat will be!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
No ATO letter here either..... Oh well not fussed ;)

Oh and scottieB, did those who got the letters, already do GST/BAS? :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts