Uber Drivers Forum banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,049 Posts
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Interesting that you are anti-freedom, but live in one of the free-est states in the union. Florida has been opened up for a long time; and you guys are doing just great.
You don't like to see that, do ya?
You (and your President, Chairman Xi) want this to go on and on.
Be afraid, Chicken LIttle.
Be afraid.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Interesting that you are anti-freedom, but live in one of the free-est states in the union. Florida has been opened up for a long time; and you guys are doing just great.
You don't like to see that, do ya?
You (and your President, Chairman Xi) want this to go on and on.
Be afraid, Chicken LIttle.
Be afraid.
Not from Florida, but I hear they're doing well there.
<iframe width="961" height="721" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Premium Member
7,241 Posts
Some of the workers are going to decline their severance package so they can get on unemployment sooner. They’ve “done the math”.
Oh good gosh, they really do suck at math, don't they? Wow.

I've collected unemployment before, back in 1982-83, and in 1995-96. There was a limit to how many weeks you could collect it. And don't you know, that might just happen again this time.

They really should teach personal finance in schools these days.

·
Premium Member
11,049 Posts
Here, let me fix this for you ...

Teachers are sucky. Cowards. Thieves and liars. Selfish.
We need real teachers in this country.

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I already got one shot of the vaccine. But if enough anti vaxxers keep declining then it’s not gonna be real safe. Look at all the people in India dropping like flies. It’s a real thing. Now if enough people got shunned and gave in, we could reach herd immunity.

Sure, the vaccine can help but who wants permanent lung side effects? Even for those vaccinated, would you feel safe going to India and mingling? You see what I’m saying? It depends on if others really get the vaccine. The next 2-3 weeks are critical.

·
Premium Member
14,727 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,049 Posts
...were you abused? Or did you abuse? Seems there is an issue there. :rolleyes:
Oh, I'm just looking at the teachers unions looking for more excuses to NOT teach.
But still get paid.

Then I look at all the real heros. The cops that worked thru this. The nurses and docs that were knee deep in it. They all got unions too.

Schools are not fully open ... yet.
And, its because of corrupt unions and teachers having the lack of 'nads to do their damn jobs.
They should be given a date to report to work ... then fired.
Remember the Air Traffic Controllers strike? How did THAT go?

Our children are currently BEING ABUSED by these chicken shits.

·
Premium Member
14,727 Posts
Schools are not fully open ... yet.
come on, they won't this year since June school is over again. It would be pointless.

Way down here, SRVUSD, will open in person, full time come August. Yay. My son will spend 8 hours out of his lair. The lair he's spent 99% of his time the last 13 months. Course, not sure he'll know how to be around his peers anymore. Very sad.

but yes, I think the teacher's union should be dissolved. Seems their only purpose is to strike whenever the contract term is up.

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Beyond Sept? Yeah, no. With the vaccine and most/many states fully opening the 'excuse' to not go online due to Covid has evaporated. You have had plenty of time to come up with Plan B.

My UI after 13+ months end week from Sunday, unless extended. Full vaxxed with mind control gogo juice Tuesday. I'm going back out there beginning Monday. We've had plenty of time to either find different work or go back online once vaxx'd. Right?

They should give us something extra though. At least $1,400 a month on top of what we make. Everyone should get that. Not just drivers.

·
Premium Member
12,048 Posts
I already got one shot of the vaccine. But if enough anti vaxxers keep declining then it’s not gonna be real safe. Look at all the people in India dropping like flies. It’s a real thing. Now if enough people got shunned and gave in, we could reach herd immunity.

Sure, the vaccine can help but who wants permanent lung side effects? Even for those vaccinated, would you feel safe going to India and mingling? You see what I’m saying? It depends on if others really get the vaccine. The next 2-3 weeks are critical.
So now it's your job to shun people you haven't been vaccinated, while you are refusing to work and demanding money from the government??
I mean who's really the more responsible and here? The ones who haven't been vaccinated yet but work and are productive in society are the ones who have been vaccinated yet refuse to work and be productive in society?
My son will spend 8 hours out of his lair. The lair he's spent 99% of his time the last 13 months. Course, not sure he'll know how to be around his peers anymore. Very sad.
Haven't you been home the last 13 months? Why would you allow your son to hibernate in his room the entire time? That can't be good for a child's mental state
They should give us something extra though. At least $1,400 a month on top of what we make. Everyone should get that. Not just drivers.
You won't give up will you. This is exactly why they shouldn't continue getting benefits because people will expect it forever. Go out and work! 90% of society is right now

·
Premium Member
6,512 Posts
Perhaps it's the vaccine that's not working, not people not getting it?? How come is it everything the government has mandated us to do regarding this virus has had very little impact? Here the number of hospitalizations increased as vaccines increased
Easy answer , WAY TOO MANY IDIOTS that don’t want to follow the guidelines .

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Covid is the real deal. It's still killing so many people. Look at India. It's just not gonna go away. There are so many variants of this disease. And many people refuse to get vaccinated. That is only going to prolong the pandemic. It's very dangerous right now. This means many drivers cannot go back. We don't know if our passengers have been vaccinated or not. Getting the vaccine is not enough protection if the person you're with hasn't been vaccinated. Plus, Uber is done in a car. You're not exactly outside.

The pandemic has not changed. It's still unsafe because so many refuse to get vaccinated. So we should be getting more money after September. Hey, if everyone got the vaccine, we'd be safe and this would be over. But unfortunately, with all the variants and the refusal of so many, it looks like the virus is gonna be here for a long time. Many of us are never going to go back to see people within a close distance. So only online jobs will be an option. There's too many germs out there to go back to an in-person job.
So many rationalizations to accept government cheese.

Apply for the cheese and keep the knowledge to yourself.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Well, it looks like you know more about it that I do ... or my doctor, or CDC.

My doc tells me that two weeks after taking the second shot it is virtually impossible (yup, that's the word he used) to catch The China Virus. It is remotely possible to pass it on, very remote.
Science is a funny thing -- it has no political point of view. It is, or it isn't. MY vaccination protects ME.

So, if you want to be protected -- get your shot.
If you don't want to be protected -- go home.

Easy solutions.
Or.... be healthy, have an immune system, loose weight, stop smoking etc etc etc... I'm good.

·
Premium Member
7,241 Posts
I hope that you realize that the money has to come from someplace.

If they print more money, it comes at the expense of people who save their money, and get beat up by inflation. That is, a tax on savers and retirees.

If they don't print more money, it comes at the expense of everyone who pays taxes.

Neither of those alternatives is very nice. But there's no free lunch. The money has to come from someplace.

·
Premium Member
7,241 Posts
Our children are currently BEING ABUSED by these chicken shits.
The vast majority of teachers are decent, hard working people who do a difficult job for low wages.

Just like the police you're so fond of.

The people I don't have any sympathy for are the whiny ass kids who complain. "I lost my senior year of high school! I missed out on going to my prom! I missed out on my last year of high school football!"

They seem to miss the primary point of education. That they're supposed to have classes and learn things. Everything else in school is secondary to that.

·
Premium Member
11,049 Posts
The vast majority of teachers are decent, hard working people who do a difficult job for low wages.
That's not what I see.
I see the vast majority sitting on their fat asses and collecting thousands for nothing, and not having the guts to speak up against their corrupt unions.
Chicken shits.

61 - 80 of 106 Posts