Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Covid is the real deal. It's still killing so many people. Look at India. It's just not gonna go away. There are so many variants of this disease. And many people refuse to get vaccinated. That is only going to prolong the pandemic. It's very dangerous right now. This means many drivers cannot go back. We don't know if our passengers have been vaccinated or not. Getting the vaccine is not enough protection if the person you're with hasn't been vaccinated. Plus, Uber is done in a car. You're not exactly outside.

The pandemic has not changed. It's still unsafe because so many refuse to get vaccinated. So we should be getting more money after September. Hey, if everyone got the vaccine, we'd be safe and this would be over. But unfortunately, with all the variants and the refusal of so many, it looks like the virus is gonna be here for a long time. Many of us are never going to go back to see people within a close distance. So only online jobs will be an option. There's too many germs out there to go back to an in-person job.

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I disagree the free ride should end so time to get back to work and pay some taxes.
Even if you disagree it doesn't change the fact that there's a public health concern out there.

·
Premium Member
12,048 Posts
Perhaps it's the vaccine that's not working, not people not getting it?? How come is it everything the government has mandated us to do regarding this virus has had very little impact? Here the number of hospitalizations increased as vaccines increased

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
Perhaps it's the vaccine that's not working, not people not getting it?? How come is it everything the government has mandated us to do regarding this virus has had very little impact? Here the number of hospitalizations increased as vaccines increased
The vaccine works I'm living proof in the USA the infection numbers are under control and are falling this national emergency is ending time to do your part and pay some taxes to pay off all the free cheese that is not really free.

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Covid is the real deal. It's still killing so many people. Look at India. It's just not gonna go away. There are so many variants of this disease. And many people refuse to get vaccinated. That is only going to prolong the pandemic. It's very dangerous right now. This means many drivers cannot go back. We don't know if our passengers have been vaccinated or not. Getting the vaccine is not enough protection if the person you're with hasn't been vaccinated. Plus, Uber is done in a car. You're not exactly outside.

The pandemic has not changed. It's still unsafe because so many refuse to get vaccinated. So we should be getting more money after September. Hey, if everyone got the vaccine, we'd be safe and this would be over. But unfortunately, with all the variants and the refusal of so many, it looks like the virus is gonna be here for a long time. Many of us are never going to go back to see people within a close distance. So only online jobs will be an option. There's too many germs out there to go back to an in-person job.
The longer you’re on unemployment, the tougher it will be to find a new job. Many things can change for the better by September, so I don’t think UC needs to be extended beyond that.

·
Premium Member
7,241 Posts

I don't even think that we should have gotten unemployment in the first place. That was the deal, that's how it works when you're a contractor. Or at least it was until last year. I've been collecting for over a year now. That makes no sense to me at all.

I don't need the money, but I'll take it as long as they keep sending it. And it's a significant incentive to NOT get a job.

I want to keep busy. But if they're paying me to stay home, I guess I'll stay home.

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't even think that we should have gotten unemployment in the first place. That was the deal, that's how it works when you're a contractor. Or at least it was until last year. I've been collecting for over a year now. That makes no sense to me at all.

I don't need the money, but I'll take it as long as they keep sending it. And it's a significant incentive to NOT get a job.

I want to keep busy. But if they're paying me to stay home, I guess I'll stay home.
But you haven't mentioned anything about the pandemic we're in. It's very serious right now.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts

You are right sir.............

·
Premium Member
11,049 Posts
No, it really isn't safe out there, but The China Virus isn't the problem.

India didn't have a Savior in the form of Joe Biden to come into office, and develop and distribute millions of vaccines in less than a hundred days.

Stop watching CNN.
Everything is gonna be ok

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No, it really isn't safe out there, but The China Virus isn't the problem.

India didn't have a Savior in the form of Joe Biden to come into office, and develop and distribute millions of vaccines in less than a hundred days.

Stop watching CNN.
Everything is gonna be ok
The vaccines are only effective if the vast majority take them, but many are refusing. Remember, getting vaccinated only gives you some protection, but not enough if the person you're with is not vaccinated.

·
Premium Member
11,049 Posts
So you don't care about protecting other people's health?
No.
Primarily I care about protecting MY health.
THEN the health of my family.

Way down on the list is 'other people'.

Here's a news flash for everyone.
There is enough vaccine available now that anyone who wants one can get it.
It is almost 100% effective.

So, get the shot and get on with life.
Or don't, and stay home.

Free country
You choose.

·
Premium Member
11,049 Posts
The vaccines are only effective if the vast majority take them, but many are refusing. Remember, getting vaccinated only gives you some protection, but not enough if the person you're with is not vaccinated.
That's not true.
I got the shot - I can't get The China Virus.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts