Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got that message from Uber last night. Except I wasn’t involved in an accident.

I did two rides yesterday. Both were great rides, great conversation and great tips. Then there’s the no-show. I’m guessing this clown Did not like being a no-show fee and decided to report me as being in an accident.

I know oncechanges hands in the app between passenger and driver, they both show up in each other’s history and both are able to report any problems in the regular menu.

I replied to Uber‘s message and told them I was not in an accident and I had no idea what they were talking about. Within a few minutes my account was reinstated. But I still keep getting messages about sending them pictures of my vehicle to confirm everything is OK.

UPDATE: Farmers insurance gave me the exact pax and ride info. It was a ride from almost a week ago. I watched the video. Uneventful ride. Decent convo. Pax claimed she didn’t mean to report accident. I call BS.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Do not give pushback about the pictures, I've had to do the same thing a few times myself, and this is one thing Uber does I agree with, if they ask for pictures of your cars just send them, in fact if I was CEO of uber I would require pictures at least once a week it's like they asked us to take pictures of ourselves to prove who are the person actually using account.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE: Farmers insurance gave me the exact pax and ride info. It was a ride from almost a week ago. I watched the video. Uneventful ride. Decent convo. Pax claimed she didn’t mean to report accident. I call BS.

·
Premium Member
8,597 Posts
So have pictures ready to timestamp before the accident occurs, got it. 😆
How you come about those pictures I do not know. After all even I have a complete set of pictures of an unblemished vehicle.

I wouldn't put it past somebody to take off their license plate sticking on the exact same car take for pictures and say hey look my car is fine.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Why did your insurance have pax's info and in what why would they release that info to you?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Do not give pushback about the pictures, I've had to do the same thing a few times myself, and this is one thing Uber does I agree with, if they ask for pictures of your cars just send them, in fact if I was CEO of uber I would require pictures at least once a week it's like they asked us to take pictures of ourselves to prove who are the person actually using account.
Apply for the position any monkey could be the CEO of Uber , sure you’d fit right in

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Apply for the position any monkey could be the CEO of Uber , sure you’d fit right in
I doubt if you could be CEO of yourself or your own family and or maybe you are one of the ones who thinks it's okay for drivers drive around with their tires ball or have cracked windshields.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts