Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think many people here have bad attitudes and looking at the problem the wrong way.

I found a decent place to advertise my bonus code, and the story I got from the advertiser was that they were working on a deal to advertise. A story I don't buy because it's so out there and low tech. You see this every day and you look at it. And take it with you to your car. The large company said they were a monoply and advertised at every one in North America. Minimum 800k prints per year.The smaller company will do 2-3 month campaigns for 220 a month. With a 150 bonus. 2 new drivers per month to make 80 bucks. I haven't heard from them yet. I may have to call. It's a 2 step process. They text me and I send them the code. Opting in may be the right term.

The other side of the problem is where to advertise your code to riders to get new riders into the market, or more specifically my zone. I haven't joined as a rider yet, but will the next time I need a trip to the airport for Vegas. I know every one goes there nearly everyday and some of them need a ride. But to cover the cost at like 220 a month per campaign, that's 11 new riders every month to break even

I was thinking signs on street posts with my number.
In the back of taxis.
Even I ignore direct mail and coupon packs most of the time.
I can get an led sign for 150 and hang it on top of my car scrolling.

This ones hard...

Any ideas, I can afford 100 buck to give it a try

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I think many people here have bad attitudes and looking at the problem the wrong way.

I found a decent place to advertise my bonus code, and the story I got from the advertiser was that they were working on a deal to advertise. A story I don't buy because it's so out there and low tech. You see this every day and you look at it. And take it with you to your car. The large company said they were a monoply and advertised at every one in North America. Minimum 800k prints per year.The smaller company will do 2-3 month campaigns for 220 a month. With a 150 bonus. 2 new drivers per month to make 80 bucks. I haven't heard from them yet. I may have to call. It's a 2 step process. They text me and I send them the code. Opting in may be the right term.

The other side of the problem is where to advertise your code to riders to get new riders into the market, or more specifically my zone. I haven't joined as a rider yet, but will the next time I need a trip to the airport for Vegas. I know every one goes there nearly everyday and some of them need a ride. But to cover the cost at like 220 a month per campaign, that's 11 new riders every month to break even

I was thinking signs on street posts with my number.
In the back of taxis.
Even I ignore direct mail and coupon packs most of the time.
I can get an led sign for 150 and hang it on top of my car scrolling.

This ones hard...

Any ideas, I can afford 100 buck to give it a try
Another day another Troll!!

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Another day another Troll!!
I hope he spends the money on his scheme before Uber tells him they don't honor mass marketing referrals.

Reactions: AintWorthIt

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Suing Uber?

LOL...

That dude is damn lucky Uber doesn't sue HIS ass back to the stone age for branding himself, and making money - off their brand.

He will be LUCKY if all that happens is that he doesn't get paid those $2k in referral fees.

Talking about playing with fire...

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Yeah if Uber finds out you paid for your referral code exposure you will get exactly $0.00 for your investment

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Digging up the past a ?

I haven't paid to advertise my driver code. Should be my business. I know shortly after I came up with this idea come over was being advertised everywhere in Chicago you could not get away from it.

Maybe a table at the mall on front of one of the popular grocery stores. they let Girl Scouts sell their cookies

1 - 12 of 12 Posts