Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

We can't drive in this heatwave

3K views 48 replies 17 participants last post by  Drivincrazy 
#1 ·
Our car parts will melt.

It's suffering misery hot. Texas and middle of US appears to be hit by it the hardest.

#2 ·
:ROFLMAO:

I've been driving in hot weather for the past 6 weeks and will be for the next 4 months. Just drink plenty of fluids and you'll be fine.

Most locals seem impervious to the mid-upper 90s temps as well. Just today saw a few midday joggers along with one pax I got wearing a hoodie and another one wearing a denim jacket on top of a sweatshirt.

#7 ·
Tomorrow it’s gonna feel in the low 100s in the Cheesehead state. It was 100 degrees in my car when I got off work today.

When I lived in Dallas, the hundreds felt like our 90s but that part of TX had sauna heat, not the tropical heat and not the icky sticky humidity we get in the upper Midwest.

My first summer in Dallas, I was confused how my coworkers could drive right away after getting in their cars because my hands were burning touching the steering wheel. And that’s when I got my first steering wheel cover.

I first arrived in Dallas in June, and I was told no one was in the pool because it was too cold at like 85 degrees. 😀
Newspaper Publication Font Rectangle Signage

#8 · (Edited)
Drink lots of cold WATER and an occasional one with electrolytes to replace what your losing.

Drink soda, coffee and tea in small amounts followed by lots of cold WATER.

Water is needed to flush the kidneys.

Keep cold water in the vehicle for pax, good tips and high ratings will ensure. Cold AC can slightly chill water exposed inside after a time.

Urinate OFTEN. Don't try to hold it.

Consider taking a siesta. Drive at night.

Have it really cold at home or bedroom so you have a place to chill.

Ensure vehicle AC is in good working order, you may need to have a mechanic ensure the freon is at maximum potential, it should get so cold inside that dew forms on the windows.

Take a cold shower, but may not be possible because pipes or outside lines got hot.

Eat ice cream or other iced things.

Feel your getting angry, cursing at pax or traffic, need to go home and avoid driving in those hours of heat.

You should always remain calm, cool and collected. The heat is like having an ache or pain, it's going to affect your mood. Assh@les on the road are going to make mistakes, cut you off etc. because they are suffering with the heat and want get home quick.

Watch for drivers and yourself, sort of fogging out due to the heat. It's worse than drunks on the road as there are more vehicles with impaired drivers during the day, especially older folks. At least the police go after the drunks.

If your vehicles fans come on turbo mode, even for a short time for the AC, it's likely too hot to drive.

Check your coolant level (and other fluid levels) before leaving the house or workplace. Before summer have a good mechanic check vehicle over, hoses, belts etc as heat affects them.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.