Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  reg barclay 
#1 ·
I'm new to driving for Uber and I came across this video about getting fired. I drive in LA and love it. It's been a great way to make extra cash to pay off my student loans. I've finally been able to get my head above the water. I really don't want to lose this job and the income that comes with it. Are the scenarios mentioned in the video true? Any tips to minimize the risk of getting fired would be great.

She's pretty. I may a crush on her.

Thanks guys

#2 ·
I'm new to driving for Uber. Any tips to minimize the risk of getting fired would be great.
First off, you'll never get fired from Uber because you were never hired by Uber. You can be deactivated by Uber because you entered into a contract with them when you downloaded their drivers app and continue to contract with them every time you turn the drivers app on.
May I suggest that you research the laws of transportation contracting in your state so that you're not dumbfounded with the unknowns.

#6 · (Edited)
I'm new to driving for Uber and I came across this video about getting fired.
My guess is that the most common reason for account deactivation by Uber is low ratings by passengers. The minimum rating level differs by area but I believe is usually around 4.5-4.6, I believe there is some leeway in this at the beginning until after the driver completes 50-60 rides.

Personally I find that going out of your way to impress and pamper passengers as if they're in the first class section of a plane is not necessarily the best way to keep a good rating and can in fact be quite morale breaking when a driver realizes that after all that they still receive some bad ratings. IMHO the best way is for a driver to keep a clean car, not smell, drive normally, greet passengers when entering and thank them when exiting and either leave them to themselves or engage in conversation depending on the vibe they give. (This is based primarily on my experience driving in the north east so maybe other parts of the country are different, if so maybe someone else could chip in here).

Another thing is it's always better not to accept trips than to accept then cancel as too much canceling is grounds for account deactivation, acceptance level isn't.

Aside from the above the other reasons I can think of are major complaints such as unwanted advances, dangerous driving or legal issues such as refusing service animals. Passengers can at times make frivolous complaints which is why some drivers use in car cameras (depending on the laws regarding such use in their area).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.