Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to put on the app thinking I could get a few early morning rides in and when I did I was told to update, which I did. When it completed as I clicked back on it and was asked if I gave Uber permission to use my phones mic!! What The FUNK!???
I said no and after checking the Uber settings on my phone Uber did not help themselves to access my mic.....just my contacts and camera!!!
Shafty Muthafunkas

Did anyone else have to update and if so did Uber try to get access to your mic?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went to put on the app thinking I could get a few early morning rides in and when I did I was told to update, which I did. When it completed as I clicked back on it and was asked if I gave Uber permission to use my phones mic!! What The FUNK!???
I said no and after checking the Uber settings on my phone Uber did not help themselves to access my mic.....just my contacts and camera!!!
Shafty Muthafunkas

Did anyone else have to update and if so did Uber try to get access to your mic?
Very good idea to change those settings. The camera is probably turned on to take your picture for your profile pic. Possibly your photos would be on if you chose a pic off your phone. Mic is on possibly for the talk to text feature in the navigation app? Not sure about contacts. Don't have that option on my iPhone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts