1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if u drive Lyft, u know that

light pink > 25-75 PT
dark pink > 100 and up PT

i was sitting in the middle of dark pink, waited 5 mins for a ping that is 30ft from where im, i verified with rider app, location got 100% PT.

when i ended the trip, only showed 75%, lyft stole the 25%

shady lyft getting worse than fuber

·
Registered
972 Posts
No, they've changed it. Dark pink is 75%+ now. It has been for at a few weeks, if not longer. I'm not exactly sure when they changed it, but they definitely have. it sucks because 100% was always my minimum to accept a Lyft ride and now I can't go on color alone - I have to take other data into account.
What?? Seriously?
Another reason I'm liking zones. At least you can see what you're getting ahead of time.

·
Registered
253 Posts

light pink > 25-75 PT

i was sitting in the middle of dark pink, waited 5 mins for a ping that is 30ft from where im, i verified with rider app, location got 100% PT.

If Lyft is so shady then why are u driving for them>>>>

Don't tell me because u like the hours...

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
No, they've changed it. Dark pink is 75%+ now. It has been for at a few weeks, if not longer. I'm not exactly sure when they changed it, but they definitely have. it sucks because 100% was always my minimum to accept a Lyft ride and now I can't go on color alone - I have to take other data into account.
But are they still charging pax 100%
Either way it's shady

·
Registered
37 Posts

light pink > 25-75 PT

I check the PT with the farewell app.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you check it fast with the ping sounding or do you accept and check it on rider app? Do you cancel after if it's not PT?
I normally use it for lax pickups. So I will put pickup address as 100 world way for terminal 1, 200 world way for terminal 2, etc. I use my home for the destination as I know how much a ride from my home to lax is normally. And base the increase of the ride on that. So if base rate from my home to lax is normally $15 and it shows $30 to get back there than I know it's a 100% PT.

In the city, If I'm in dark pink and get a ping that's in the dark pink. I'll take it. It's normally 100% or more. But I think lyft could solve allot of driver cancellation issues just by telling us what the PT is. Drivers have tools to tell the PT. If we run it after we accept it and it's not what we want, we're going to cancel.

I accepted a ping last night. Get there, hit arrive. It's an 8 block ride to the pier. Guy isn't outside. It's was dark pink. Cancelled. Had nothing to do with the PT. Had to do with the fact that it's a shortie and he wasn't outside waiting for me. Lyft thinks we cancel because of PT. But that's not the case.

How many times have you shown up at an address and they make you wait 5 minutes for a 6 block ride. Then they patronize you with an apology. That's disrespectful. Because if they were actually sorry it was a short ride they would've had their heels at the curb when you arrived. Not make you wait for them to come outside and get in the car. People like this are 1*. If you're going a short distance, I don't need an apology. I need you to be at the curb so I can get it over with quickly so I can get to a better fare.

I show up, it's a shortie and you're not at the curb. I will either cancel the ride right there or go and play hide and go seek for the no show cancel fee. I don't take patronizing apologies well.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts

light pink > 25-75 PT

Duuuude it fluctuates like mad. Click up a storm in pax app and watch it bounce around like pong on disco biscuits

That's nothing.

And unconfirmable to boot

Now as to where they DO steal is 2nd pax on Lyft line ordering in surge. They pay, but you don't get it.

If higher surge, they get added as pool and you get paid at first pax surge rate (if any)

If lower surge, they kill the line and add it as a queued ride instead

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
every dark pink i accepted before has always been 100 and up l, except last nite.

make sense that lyft never tells the PT when ride request came in, its lyft descreption to give drivers whatever PT it want

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
every dark pink i accepted before has always been 100 and up l, except last nite.

make sense that lyft never tells the PT when ride request came in, its lyft descreption to give drivers whatever PT it want
Not anymore, squares are demand not PT now....and PT is not solely demand driven

Also Fattest PTs never hit the map at all, not now and not in the past

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
??? Adieu, u r too advanced. i dont think we talking about the same thing here
Translation:

There's lyft 4.0x and even lyft 8.0x surges --- with RIDES attached --- lurking in the shadows of wider but smaller surges that lyft doesn't ever show on the map.

And then there's 2.0-3.5x ones that occur when nobody but those in the know sees ANY surge ANYWHERE in the county

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Recent example:

Map would've suggested this MIGHT be 100%...

Phone check, albeit slowly done, confirmed suspicion of 100%

Uber was 1.7-1.9ish, further suggesting 100%

Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Technology

....nope, 300%.

Even came with the symbolic "yeah that was pricey, but thx anyway we appreciate ya nonetheless" $2 tip

1 - 20 of 27 Posts