Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case you are doing the Kilsyth/ferntree gully area, watch out for a rated 4.17 pax call around 4.30pm daily.

It is a construction site in the middle of nowhere. On my last call 3 pax's coverd with wet mud expecting me to give them a ride. I said "sorry NOT" and drove off. They were extremely rude and upset.

How can anyone expect to jump into other people cars looking like that?...

Judging by the very low rating this pax has i should have known better and not take the call to begin with.

Still liking uber....

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I am fairly close to that area so will ensure to ignore the ping. Looks to be tradies? Perhaps can pick them up and then charge for a cleanup fee! That would teach them:)

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
On my last call 3 pax's coverd with wet mud expecting me to give them a ride. I said "sorry NOT" and drove off. They were extremely rude and upset.
Wise choice.... Also report the issue to Uber and say its not on, so they can have a word to the pax.

I wouldn't be picking them up if dirty. They should know better, stupid paxs.

I've picked up tradies in the morning, one was a painter, he looked covered in paint. But as it was early morning for a unit, so I assumed it was all dry/clean clothes. It was! Lucky for him. But if it was the afternoon, after a days work, I would think twice about it.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Why would you bother picking up a 4.17 rated passenger

4.6 and above only
UXDriver, do you drive as a Uber driver? Cause you have all these 'rules', no paxs under 4.6, no surge, no job, no water, no mints, no washing the car, etc blah blah. You sound like a horrid driver to get from a pax side to be truthful.

Ratings suddenly mean nothing if its a nice surge :p
Anything in the 4* is fine for me! I've never come across anyone lower than 4.x

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
UXDriver, do you drive as a Uber driver? Cause you have all these 'rules', no paxs under 4.6, no surge, no job, no water, no mints, no washing the car, etc blah blah. You sound like a horrid driver to get from a pax side to be truthful.

Yeah my 4.9 rating is just shocking..

So many muppets out there that bend over for idiotic passengers

I enjoy leaving the crap customers to the crap drivers

·
Premium Member
3,610 Posts
To be honest I've been burned by 3 out of the 4 <4.3* rated pax that I've accepted. It just tells me no more.

I cancel no-showed a 4.5 after he called and he said he'd be down in a minute (that was after my timer had clocked 4 min), dbag called Uber to complain. The last 4.5 that I took, though, was on a 3.4x surge and didn't rate me. Double happiness.

I've even had nasty experiences with 4.7s.

That's why I'd rather do Eats only. No fuss about ratings.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I've even had nasty experiences with 4.7s.
I think it depends a lot on the area as well. Certain areas are how would you say it... Less 'friendly' than others.

I go offline in certain suburbs as I've had nothing but sub average paxs out there, or short trips. Not worth the hassle.

That and all paxs start at 5*, so you gotta go through 4.9, 4.8, 4.7, 4.6, 4.5, 4.4 etc to get down low!

I've never seen a pax under 4*, I've seen a couple of low 4* ones, all been fine. Maybe a slight door slammer, but really, if I ding everyone who did that, all paxs would just about be 1*!

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
I have had really good 4.5 but shit 4.9.
LOL yesterday I picked up a guy 5* and he asked for water on a 3KM trip. Seriously!!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I have had really good 4.5 but shit 4.9.
As I said, they all start at 5*

LOL yesterday I picked up a guy 5* and he asked for water on a 3KM trip. Seriously!!
New pax.... fluffy things Uber has told them they can get for the ride!!

I seen someone on twitter the other day, bragging about their water bottle collection, they 'collect' them from Uber trips. Most are no even opened!

That said, I used one bottle of water this week. For a guy on a 1.6x surge, that was a 45 min trip. Really can't knock him for that!

·
Premium Member
3,610 Posts
Yeah... Inner east (Richmond/Fitzroy/Collingwood/Armadale) is where I get the crap ones, for sure. Corresponds to people who are most likely to use Uber Eats as well. Haven't had much experience further out east though. But west where I am is pretty awesome :D

I think it depends a lot on the area as well. Certain areas are how would you say it... Less 'friendly' than others.

I go offline in certain suburbs as I've had nothing but sub average paxs out there, or short trips. Not worth the hassle.

That and all paxs start at 5*, so you gotta go through 4.9, 4.8, 4.7, 4.6, 4.5, 4.4 etc to get down low!

I've never seen a pax under 4*, I've seen a couple of low 4* ones, all been fine. Maybe a slight door slammer, but really, if I ding everyone who did that, all paxs would just about be 1*!

·
Registered
3,993 Posts

Agree 100%

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Started the day out today, late this afternoon. Checked my rating, hmm good. All 5*, no change in rating. Got through the surges the night before and the night before that without issues. Been about 22 hrs since my last trip. So all bad ratings for surge pricing should be in, if there was going to be any.

Ping 5 mins away, 5* pax, no worries off we go.... Rock up, ends up being a yr 12 student as I found out on the trip going to the station. Cool, it was about a 10 min trip, so still worth it. Trip went well, no issues. Drop him off, rate them, and off I go. About 2 mins later, check my rating while at some lights to see if kid rated me, hmmm he did. Crap rating dropped. Screen shot change to work out later on what the star rating was.

Drum roll..... 1*..... WTF KID? seriously?! I'm 99% sure it was him, as whats the chances it wasn't?

Anyhow... first time I'm put a change of pax rating in, and I did on this trip. Returned the 1*, so hopefully bring his rating down so people don't pick him up for that crap! Next time walk or take the BUS.

Next trip up.... was a around the suburb tour that went for 90 mins!? I kid you not...... Who said the burbs doesn't have big job! Wasn't a bad paying job either as it had a few kms in there, including a trip to the bottle shop and finished the trip with a trip through maccas.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts