Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they killed the surge at concert last nt..i bet money that places will surge big today..its the way uber and lyft keep thier drivers after roughing them up....they are so easy to figure out...
guys pays 4.0 in rain at 6 am,.,,
guy #2 is at a concert with 30k and its a 1.2 blanking nuts..

MARK MY WORKS I STAND BY IT SAT WILL BE 180 DEGREE TURN AROUND THAN FRIDAY..CALL ME WRONG ON MONDAY..
billy joel will be a 100% bust....even with a sell out...but with cheaters u never know..
WHO EVER HEARD OF A 10 UNIT QUEST FROM WELLS F...WHAT A SCAM. LIKE PHL WILDLIFE SURGING

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
You couldn't have said it better. I stopped by there after doing a dropoff in South Philly and saw well over 100 cars waiting. Then I saw it was outside the boost zone and the stupid Quest they had and went right back up Broad Street and got a 1.6 boost ride. I dont know what it is about you, but I know come Monday everything you said will be true!

·
Premium Member
4,240 Posts
Uber didnt take away the after concert surge. there's just soo many ants sitting there, so the demand isn't higher than the cars already sitting.

there's such an overflow of supply... that the demand doesn't require a surge.

·
Premium Member
11,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not too many ants it's manipulation the only way you can work a concert tonight is go down there if you see a surge like last night there was something at the Mann Music Center I think it went the plus 300 I think prime time. I'm not sure what it was I went home

·
Premium Member
4,240 Posts
maybe not ants... but loads of other drivers get those emails about the concerts. everybody flocks there towards end of show.

thinking Uber manipulates the surge... you're off on this.

Philly isn't the only major city. you think Uber hires employees to manipulate surges in all the cities? all the venues? all the cities all over the country? I don't think that's the case.

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
maybe not ants... but loads of other drivers get those emails about the concerts. everybody flocks there towards end of show.

thinking Uber manipulates the surge... you're off on this.

Philly isn't the only major city. you think Uber hires employees to manipulate surges in all the cities? all the venues? all the cities all over the country? I don't think that's the case.
Hate to break it to you. Physically breaking the surge by Uber workers will not happen... Uber only needs to write source code and then just push the enter key on the keyboard.

·
Premium Member
11,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not trying to be arrogant or cocky I got a lot of trips a lot of cities a lot of places having a pretty good Saturday let me tell you something they manipulate the surge. I don't know if it's from Philly I would guess the valley in San Francisco where they're from why would they take 30,000 people that concert and not search at all half the people at the temple game it sure does all day off and on Billy Joel's got a quest why because they don't want to overcharge the passengers but what they will do to poor people or working class people that are good people and average neighborhoods on a rainy day hope a 5.9 or the Max on both platforms but people that can afford to going to an expensive event get a cheap ride home this business is crazy I got a Villanova area two the link today 3.0 it was up to 4 point something I was 15 minutes away pretty good pay fellows 45 minutes work

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
I got 2.3 surge. As I didn't expect it to go any higher, just grabbed it. Got a $22 ride to spruce and 10th. Nothing impressive I know, but after dropping them off, the surge was gone. So I got at least that.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
But then the center city surge was a total waste of time, just bad luck:
Pax 1 - 2.6 canceled right after I got there, maybe because I accidentally started the ride before pax got in the car and he got mad
Pax 2 - 2.4 „you got selected by uber and won $500“ fraud, so I canceled
Pax 3 - 1.9 five persons swarmed my car, so I refused and made them cancel

And then the surge disappeared.

Haaa haaa

1 - 20 of 26 Posts