Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Uberians!

New to the site and soon to be new to Uber. I have a few questions I wanted to ask some of you.

-How much phone data will this blow? For those of you that may track it. It seems I will be using my google maps quite a bit. ATT is quick to charge me extra for going over my allotted gigs. Has this happened to anyone?

-I want to get an idea of what I should expect to make (take home) by working part time nights, maybe mon-thursday 6pm-11pm in the DC or Maryland Suburbs area? Anyone else on this schedule or similar that can give me some input? My goal is $400 take home a week to replace my serving gig. My wife has a friend that tells her she makes $500 a week working peak hours only 2-3 times a week. Not sure if this is take home or before all other costs are added. Just want to get an understanding of what the average person brings in for this area. Either way, Im going to give it a solid go for a month and see what happens.

Thanks in Advance

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
As of now you probably won't make that much. Demand is down and there are a lot of drivers. This morning in a suburb I was in at peak time for morning rush there were 7 drivers within a mile of me. I didn't get a ping for 2 hours and gave up.

It's been bad all summer and I'm hoping it gets better in September.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As of now you probably won't make that much. Demand is down and there are a lot of drivers. This morning in a suburb I was in at peak time for morning rush there were 7 drivers within a mile of me. I didn't get a ping for 2 hours and gave up.

It's been bad all summer and I'm hoping it gets better in September.
sheesh, Im skimming through WashDC thread now, the summer isn't giving much hope. Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Too many new drivers with some other factors making it almost impossible to make money this summer. We are all waiting to see how things are in the fall. Either this is a summer thing or the ride has changed

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
maryland suburb area doesn't really have a lot of requests. You can hit BWI and DCA to get most request at a longer distance on the high way which will make you a lot more money. $400 a week is easily achievable within 15 hours of driving.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
You will need 1gig of data if you driving part time. Uber app eats the most data, even though it shouldnt.

Easy money are at Dulles and Reagan airports.

Go to U street if you dont mind drunks. Baseball games, Soccer games, hockey games.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank You for all the replys!

From looking at a few videos on the net and posts on this site, I will have to say that my initial thoughts of uber have changed. Still, the only way to go about this is to get out there and see first hand! I may just wait until September as suggested so that I don't become another uber car sitting around and stepping on you guys toes LOL.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
pax this morning said she lived in Bowie and often very hard to obtain an UBER driver.....just saying for all you MD'ers. Don't all rush over there LOL

·
Registered
631 Posts
I had a rider this morning say "I can't believe there were drivers this early in the morning. We never find drivers this early..."

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
pax this morning said she lived in Bowie and often very hard to obtain an UBER driver.....just saying for all you MD'ers. Don't all rush over there LOL
yeah because Bowie is at the edge of the DC market. You'll always find more drivers the closer into the market you go (since DC is the busiest sector).
I stayed in Bowie way back when, when Uber offered the gurantees. Very easy to do 1 ride per hour and get paid $25 for it,even if they went 3 miles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts