Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a ping around 8am at Reston Town ctr I pull up to apt.Pax was alerted I arrived.Now I waited 5min then decided to contact pax he answers so I say sir your drivers been here 5min would you like for me to start the trip.Pax mumbles something (have no idea) then hangs up.OKkkk it's a slow morning so fu** it give him 2 more min.he don't show so I cancelled.I pull around corner and park (like I said it's a slow morning).my phone ring I'm thinking it's fuc face so I don't answer.Then I gets ping (it's him)so I waited last few seconds b4 accept then waited 1 min b4 driving back to pick up pax.lol I pulls up he standing there with shoes in hand.If he knew I was the prick that canceled him he didn't show,he was happy to see me.He telling me he's always late for his monthly meeting in Springfield.Even got a few pings while out there.That made up for a slow start.

· Registered
271 Posts
Got a ping around 8am at Reston Town ctr I pull up to apt.Pax was alerted I arrived.Now I waited 5min then decided to contact pax he answers so I say sir your drivers been here 5min would you like for me to start the trip.Pax mumbles something (have no idea) then hangs up.OKkkk it's a slow morning so fu** it give him 2 more min.he don't show so I cancelled.I pull around corner and park (like I said it's a slow morning).my phone ring I'm thinking it's fuc face so I don't answer.Then I gets ping (it's him)so I waited last few seconds b4 accept then waited 1 min b4 driving back to pick up pax.lol I pulls up he standing there with shoes in hand.If he knew I was the prick that canceled him he didn't show,he was happy to see me.He telling me he's always late for his monthly meeting in Springfield.Even got a few pings while out there.That made up for a slow start.
You did alright, i usually dont accept a trip i previously cancelled on. You got lucky or he was just grateful.

· Premium Member
8,246 Posts
You did alright, i usually dont accept a trip i previously cancelled on. You got lucky or he was just grateful.
RIGHT
if he looked at the app he should have seen its the same driver
and now that he got you this time, he can actually rate you
and of course pax love to give 1's just to feel like a king
Me personally i would have cancelled if I got the same ping from him

· Registered
271 Posts
From last week I decided never give 5 star to the pax unless I get a tip. My rate fallen down from 4.82 to 4.77 I don't why ??? I never miss the route, new car and clean always
New clients and unreal expectations, summers ending so douchbagery an whatthe****ery are rampid and in abundance. Dont feel bad lots of drivers getting dinged like you.
Weeks ago i was a 4.9 on client app, 4.87 on my app and had two horrible weeks. One wk summery was a 4.75 (did too many surges) i got greedy. Last week was a 4.41 WTF? So im down to a 4.85 and im digging my way back up. I wonder what a 4.8 shows up as on client app, 4.8, 4.85 or 4.9? Hmm!!

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Fu** a rating .It's a adventure every day I go ubering,could be why I'm one of very few that likes this crap.But when the day come they deactivate me cause of my rating will be my last day.(Not going to jump threw hoops to get back on board) and my suggestion to uber was to re-set ratings every 30 days or so.

· Premium Member
26,819 Posts
, summers ending so douchbagery an whatthe****ery are rampid and in abundance.
Back in the day, before Uber, when the colleges did not start until September and Congress went out the first week of August, I did notice that there was an oversupply of demanding cheapskates. I am guessing that those were the people who did not leave town in August. As there are fewer customers, the odds of getting one of these increased. Once everyone came back, I saw fewer of them....until say, the week between Christmas and New Year's, if I was in town (which usually I was not).

To be sure, back then, we did not worry about "stars", but, those types were more likely to turn you in to the Hack Office over some imagined slight. Now, only those of us who have Uber Taxi worry about "stars" and only from Uber Taxi trips. Still, thanks to the Commissioners from the Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism businesses, it is easier for a customer to file a frivolous complaint. In addition, things that never were grounds for complaint now are. Thank you, Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Commissioners.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.