Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only my 3rd week with less than 60 hours. So is the Warped Tour worth it?
Couple of points:

1. Is the clientele worth the ride? I can just imagine the state of my seats after picking up sweaty, stinky concert goers.

2. I've been disenchanted with "Surge" prices, do these events sustain a Surge? I refuse to chase surges and have sat in the middle of a developing one only to get a pax about 30 seconds after it ended.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hard to say with this show.. I checked the lineup and there's no one I've ever heard of, so I don't know how big this event will be. Pax may be sweatier than usual and still smell like booze/cigs/MJ. Nothing that driving with the windows down for a while after you drop them off (and maybe some Febreze) can't fix.

Getting to the pick up area at big events can be a time-consuming pain in the ass. If you get a ping from the area and it's not surging, don't bother. If the event is big enough, there could be a sustained surge. There was a huge sustained surge during the River City Rockfest, but there were some very well-know (to me, anyway) acts at that show. I caught a nice $50 ride from AT&T to downtown. I wasn't even in the surge area when I got pinged.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it didn't go too bad. I stayed in the 151/410 area and of course I get pinged for a ride to AT&T. Get there and get pinged again. Guy jumps in and requests a Wal-Mart to "get stuff for his group". Turns out the group was a band. Did a wait and return with a good tip and back area access. Got pinged again and another roadie needing a Walmart. Another wait and return with a good tip. High tailed after that to DT.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Cool! Nice string of trips! :) I didn't have any trips related to Warped but there were plenty of people from the nurse practitioner's convention heading out to party, and plenty more going to the airport early Sunday morning. Was like a 3-ring circus at departures!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts