Uber Drivers Forum banner

Would report another driver to Uber and call the cops?

• Yes

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 75.0%

Warning: Don't take kids without car seats!

5K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  CROWBOY 
#1 ·
I'm sick and tired of getting stuck in situations where a pax puts up a fight because I won't take a kid without a car seat. I'm also tired of hearing other drivers get in the same situation. If I catch you doing it, I'll report you to Uber and call the cops! It's illegal and morally disgusting. I don't care what the circumstances are. If it's an emergency, call 911 and let the appropriate people handle the situation!

#5 ·
A kid that age has no say so that's why they're so protected. I rather not take the ride if I'm not sure. Thing is, you take a kid without a proper carseat, you're putting yourself in serious risk. The kid gets injured or killed, the parent can sue you and you'll go to jail. It makes it hard for the rest of us who fight with these parents who don't give a shit when we want to follow the laws. If the shoulder belt is anywhere close to the neck, that's an easy way to tell they don't belong in the car without a car seat.

#4 ·
I had a PAX this weekend, she was awesome. She had a car booster seat ready to go. :D:D:D. I know its hard to say no. Just let Lyft/Uber know,that you didn't pick them up because they didn't have a car seat/booster seat. It's the law and if you get pulled over, it's your ticket not the PAX. If you get in an accident it's 100% on you and the parents would take some of the responsibility. But, I am sure Lyft/Uber insurance is not going to help you in that one.

#8 · (Edited)
I'm sick and tired of getting stuck in situations where a pax puts up a fight because I won't take a kid without a car seat. I'm also tired of hearing other drivers get in the same situation. If I catch you doing it, I'll report you to Uber and call the cops! It's illegally and morally disgusting. I don't care what the circumstances are. If it's an emergency, call 911 and let the appropriate people handle the situation!
I have the Michigan law printed, so I can tell them. Children under 4, the driver gets the ticket not the parents. I refuse to do it!

#12 · (Edited)
If I see someone approach my car with a child and no car seat. I drive out of sight, wait 5 min. Hit rider no show and get paid a few pennies for them wasting my time. I don't even speak to them. Problem solved.
Thats a &%$@!* move. Just take the loss... they are few and far between.
At least roll the window down and tell the PAX Uber policy, State law, and/or your policies before collecting the fee.
Typically they aren't intentionally poor, or maybe they could run and grab the car seat.

It's pretty low leaving a mother and child searching for your vehicle while you're hiding!
I'm sorry ghetto and/or trailer trash parents have you jaded, but have some class.

That's why I pivot my dash cam to catch conversations like that.

I also have many State & Federal laws printed in my vehicle to help deescalate arguments with PAX and jerk cops.
https://uberpeople.net/threads/laws-printed-and-ready.73718/

#22 ·
If I refused all the drives you want me to I would have no drives...no kids without seats, no underage kids. Sorry, not my problem. Let me sue, I got nothing of value.
Sadly, this is true. These days if you refused every ride where: the person getting in the car wasn't the account holder, was under 18, had no car seat for their kid, you'd be refusing about 1/2 the rides Uber sends you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.