Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spoke with an Uber driver that was telling me he dropped off pax at the Trolley station (not sure which one). Trolley cops raced up to him and started lecturing him how it's a $300.00 fine to drop off in a bus zone. He drove off as she was going for her ticket book.

·
Premium Member
3,946 Posts
I just spoke with an Uber driver that was telling me he dropped off pax at the Trolley station (not sure which one). Trolley cops raced up to him and started lecturing him how it's a $300.00 fine to drop off in a bus zone. He drove off as she was going for her ticket book.
I had a similar incident early on in my Uber days. I dropped off a pax who was running way late to catch an Amtrack at the Old Town Transit Station. As I was waiting to make the left off of Taylor onto Congress the train started rolling into the station. I didn't know at the time that you could drop off on the sidewalk there so I dropped off the pax by the first bus space without going into the bus space.

A bus driver comes running over to me screaming that I can't drop off there. It's a less then 15 second process, maybe less then 10 because the guy only had one bag. I finished the drop off, apologized and got in the car. The anus stands in FRONT of the car, screaming that he's going to write down my license number and have me deactivated. The use of the word "deactivate" caught my attention as that is not a standard bus driver word.

I politely apologized again and asked him how he was going to do that. He says he's a safety trainer and he sits on a panel that meets with the rideshare companies to help develop rules and regs for rideshare, taxis and buses. I already knew the MTS issues taxi permits and now he's sounding like he really knows his feces and my spidey sense is tingling.

I switched my voice to "grovel" and apologized a third time and explained to him that I'm an FNG, thanked him for showing me error of my ways and assured him that it would never, ever happen again all the time using my sincerest sad puppy-dog face. It worked.

About 4 months ago I had an incident with another bus driver in front of the Amtrak station downtown. I was dropping of 3 lovely ladies taking the train to LA for a bachlorette party. I'm parked in front of the main entrance to the station just like always. We're unloading the trunk and a bus pulled up real close behind us and the anus driver lays on the horn. Once. He doesn't release the horn. I look at him and I'm about to flip him off when it occurred to me that the penis wouldn't be doing this if he wasn't in the right. Which he was.

Lesson learned.

Watch out for those bus drivers. They can file a safety report on you and there is great potential for it causing you all kinds of problems.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Right. No stopping at bus stops or in taxi zones. But you can pull into the parking lot at those trolley stations which have one like at Old Town or Fashion Valley.
However, if you are at an unpainted curb, ahead of or behind the bus stop, you have a valid case.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Old town trolley station you have to go to the other side (parking lot side)
to pick up pax. One side is just buses.

Other option if pax refuses to move is to meet them across the street from the
bus terminal. There is another parking lot over there... but that is only if you're
feeling generous and decide not to cancel on pax after 5 min timer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.