Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a request come in after the Twins game which is always a mess but I had my destination filter on and it was a 1.7x surge so why not. I called them right away to find out where they were. They were on 7th right by the main entrance/ProShop. As I pulled up and barely stopped a traffic guy pops out with his flashlight. The PAX saw me and ran over and hopped in (15 seconds tops). The traffic dude then stands in front of the car writing me a ticket. I finally get him to the window and he says its a handicap zone and the ticket will be $256. I pleaded that I hadn't even stopped, it wasn't a handicap spot last time I was there (they had the bags over the meters), etc. He then says OK I will just make it a obstruction ticket $65. I said OK I guess but it still sucks believe it or not he says OK the Twins suck so I will let you go!

Best advice is call and have them walk to a near by bar or restaurant. This probably makes sense for any event at the stadiums as it seems like they are gunning for us.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Last night I had a pax waiting on the corner of 5th and 1st,across the street from the loon. The parking control guy said I couldn't pick up there either. Pax called me and I told her I'd drive around the block. Just to pull up and have her say she was good and didn't want the ride. Talk about passing ya off. Only got $3.25 after uber's cut on the cancel.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
I had a request come in after the Twins game which is always a mess but I had my destination filter on and it was a 1.7x surge so why not. I called them right away to find out where they were. They were on 7th right by the main entrance/ProShop. As I pulled up and barely stopped a traffic guy pops out with his flashlight. The PAX saw me and ran over and hopped in (15 seconds tops). The traffic dude then stands in front of the car writing me a ticket. I finally get him to the window and he says its a handicap zone and the ticket will be $256. I pleaded that I hadn't even stopped, it wasn't a handicap spot last time I was there (they had the bags over the meters), etc. He then says OK I will just make it a obstruction ticket $65. I said OK I guess but it still sucks believe it or not he says OK the Twins suck so I will let you go!

Best advice is call and have them walk to a near by bar or restaurant. This probably makes sense for any event at the stadiums as it seems like they are gunning for us.
This is a scam. I got a warning in the mail for not paying a citation for the same thing. First - never got a citation to start with. How can I prove it? Have a dashcam running all day long. No agent, no citation. It is a scam and I guess the cab drivers are part of it. I'll be going to court to find the agents name, show them the video and go talk to agents advisor. Funny thing - I've stopped on the right lane (having cabs on my right) behind a big bus, got boxed by the cars passing on my left. Took 50 seconds for my pax to get in, them went to highway 94. No agent, no citation. This scam needs to stop. Last time i've went there, uber created a pick up zone on Twins Way.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Did Uber send any info on that spot? What are we suppos to do if we are Lyft? Plus, if we can't pick up from there, shouldn't there be signs or a better fence like at tcf

·
Registered
270 Posts
Did Uber send any info on that spot? What are we suppos to do if we are Lyft? Plus, if we can't pick up from there, shouldn't there be signs or a better fence like at tcf
Uber send that information out a while back. The link below will tell you where to pick up and drop off for popular place like MoA, U.S. Bank Stadium, Excel Energy Center, etc.

https://www.uber.com/drive/minneapolis/where-to-drive/

·
Registered
817 Posts
This is a scam. I got a warning in the mail for not paying a citation for the same thing. First - never got a citation to start with. How can I prove it? Have a dashcam running all day long. No agent, no citation. It is a scam and I guess the cab drivers are part of it. I'll be going to court to find the agents name, show them the video and go talk to agents advisor. Funny thing - I've stopped on the right lane (having cabs on my right) behind a big bus, got boxed by the cars passing on my left. Took 50 seconds for my pax to get in, them went to highway 94. No agent, no citation. This scam needs to stop. Last time i've went there, uber created a pick up zone on Twins Way.
If this is a scam and the cab drivers are posing as traffic agents to give out "fake" tickets, you could just bring that ticket to any Hennepin Cty courthouse and they should immediately be able to identify it as a fake. If you really wanted to be a richard about it, you could ask them to show you their badge number, and note it. I would think that any officer wearing a uniform that has the legal authority to write a citation of any kind is legally obligated to show their badge upon request. You could follow it up with a call to the MPD.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Uber send that information out a while back. The link below will tell you where to pick up and drop off for popular place like MoA, U.S. Bank Stadium, Excel Energy Center, etc.

https://www.uber.com/drive/minneapolis/where-to-drive/
The MOA spots are fine but all the spots at the stadiums are a real pain to get in and out of. If I'm ping at an event I usually try and call to have them walk a few blocks making it easier for everyone to get out of there.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
609.475 IMPERSONATING OFFICER.
Whoever falsely impersonates a police or military officer or public official with intent to mislead another into believing that the impersonator is actually such officer or official is guilty of a misdemeanor.
History: 1963 c 753 art 1 s 609.475; 1971 c 23 s 49; 1986 c 444
Copyright © 2016 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All Rights Reserved. 609.475
MINNESOTA STATUTES 2016

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
If this is a scam and the cab drivers are posing as traffic agents to give out "fake" tickets, you could just bring that ticket to any Hennepin Cty courthouse and they should immediately be able to identify it as a fake. If you really wanted to be a richard about it, you could ask them to show you their badge number, and note it. I would think that any officer wearing a uniform that has the legal authority to write a citation of any kind is legally obligated to show their badge upon request. You could follow it up with a call to the MPD.
I have an appointment on June 28th to meet a court officer. The video clearly shows NO officer in front or behind the car. Also the video cannot be false because I've confirmed the destination with the riders before moving the car, the same address is on Uber records. I want to see the original citation, because I've only got the warning in the mail (pay the extra $25 delinquent penalty right?). They found me because somebody got my license plate number. The officer name should be on the original. I want to ask him/her if he/she remembers the incident and what type of car and what color it was (I have 3 on my insurance card - ask him/her to pick one). I need the officer to say it was a legitimate incident. Then show them the Uber ride history with map, pick-up time and drop of time and location. I've called the Hennepin County citations phone number, video it, asked the agent if she has any problems with me recording her, she said no, asked her how the citation was issued (because I didn't know if it was by an agent or by reviewing a video from a feeding camera from around the stadium), she said she couldn't understand my question and then added it should have been by an officer. Final question will be, after we establish beyond any reasonable doubt, the officer was not there, how did they got my license plate number? There is where the scam is!

I will go to MPD and StarTribune with the video (which is time stamped) and talk to the officer supervisor and journalists about this scam. After I talk to them and see how they react, I will post links to the video, the warning and the trip history I am referring to.

Few weeks ago, Uber created a pick up zone at Target Field located on TWINS WAY, but they don't have it yet on their website.

609.475 IMPERSONATING OFFICER.
Whoever falsely impersonates a police or military officer or public official with intent to mislead another into believing that the impersonator is actually such officer or official is guilty of a misdemeanor.
History: 1963 c 753 art 1 s 609.475; 1971 c 23 s 49; 1986 c 444
Copyright © 2016 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All Rights Reserved. 609.475
MINNESOTA STATUTES 2016
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Target Field Scam Update - On June 28th the Court Officer told me I've had too much good evidence and while she cannot dismiss a case, she scheduled a Court appearence on July 18th 2017, yesterday. I got there in the morning, refused a lawyer and talked to a prosecutor. He was trying to cut me a "deal" but I;ve told him I was not guilty of anything. I've also told him I have a video from that specific time frame that clearly shows no citation was issued in the first place. He changed his posture a little and asked me if I have the video with me on the phone. I was well prepared and showed him the 6 minutes video on my laptop. During the video he was saying "Hmmm, Interesting" and at the end he said he will dismiss the case. Tomorrow I will post the redacted documents and the video showing no agent was near the car at the time mentioned by the warning I've got (for not paying the citation never got in the first place). On June 28th I've managed to get the Traffic Control Officer (that issued the citation) info. It is BADGE 87. He/she made a big mistake with this one.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Target Field Scam Update - On June 28th the Court Officer told me I've had too much good evidence and while she cannot dismiss a case, she scheduled a Court appearence on July 18th 2017, yesterday. I got there in the morning, refused a lawyer and talked to a prosecutor. He was trying to cut me a "deal" but I;ve told him I was not guilty of anything. I've also told him I have a video from that specific time frame that clearly shows no citation was issued in the first place. He changed his posture a little and asked me if I have the video with me on the phone. I was well prepared and showed him the 6 minutes video on my laptop. During the video he was saying "Hmmm, Interesting" and at the end he said he will dismiss the case. Tomorrow I will post the redacted documents and the video showing no agent was near the car at the time mentioned by the warning I've got (for not paying the citation never got in the first place). On June 28th I've managed to get the Traffic Control Officer (that issued the citation) info. It is BADGE 87. He/she made a big mistake with this one.
Nice work.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wonder if there will be any consequences for BADGE 87? I hope so.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Target Field Scam Documents and VIDEO

So here we are. As I promised, after I got all the court decisions in my favor I will post the documents and the video of the specific time frame (April 3rd) during which, Traffic Control Agent Badge 87 pretended issued a citation which was electronically filed the next day (April 4th). The following VIDEO it will show how no citation was ever issued, reason for Hennepin County to dissmiss the casse on July 18th.

On May 17th I've got a warning for not paying a citation issued on April 3rd. After I've checked the Uber trip history I've noticed I've had a ride initiated close to the location mentioned in the warning (close to Target Field Stadium) and went back to my daily video data bank to understand what happened. It was the day when the 2017 season started and Twins won - http://i.imgur.com/fkeK9RT.jpg

This is the Warning for $283 (Initial $278 plus $5 penalty) -
The next day I've called the Hennepin County citation phone number, refused to pay and scheduled to see a court officer. On June 28th I've met with the court officer, a very nice lady, explained the situation and asked her to see the video. She politely refused and told me she could schedule a Court Hearing to give me the chance to talk to a Judge, because I had too much and too good evidence and she could not dismiss the case. This is the scheduled Court hearing paper -
On June 18th at 9 am I went downtown to see the Judge. Prior to the hearing, you need to sign in and the clerk is offering you a lawyer assistance and makes sure your info is accurate (address, phone# and email address). I refused the lawyer and proceeded to the Court Room 141. It was not what I was expected. Few prosecutors were talking to people around the room and if you agreed to get a lawyer, they would've instructed you to talk to your lawyer first. I waited like 20 minutes and one of them approach me, invited me to go in the back (while I was sitting on the first row), introduced himself, made sure I refused the lawyer and asked me to sign the paper stating that, and tried to offer me a DEAL. Bassically he was asking me to pay only $150 plus $78 immediately . So, he was "saving" me $55 for pleading guilty. I said no way, I was not guilty and told him I have a video for that very specific time frame. He looked suprised and asked me if I had the video on the phone. I replied by telling him I had it on my laptop, right there. We watched the 6 minutes video, while he was saying "Hmmmmm. Interesting!" and suddenly he said "You convinced me, I will dismiss the case". Told him I needed a paper to show that. Here is the decision -
The citation, as the warning shows, is for 214 7th street N at 6.42 (18.42 military time shown on the video time stamp). There is also a second stop at 6.44 (pick up stop) which I initially thought it was the one that the warning would have been for.

Minneapolis Traffic Control Dept. is SCAMMING drivers asking them to pay for fictional citations electonically issued afterwards, because most of the drivers cannot proove the agent never gave them a citation in the first place.

This is not the end. I will probably go to the local media with this and visit the Minneapolis Traffic Control Dept. as well. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Something needs to happen to badge 87. I understand it is there job to ticket expired meters, those parked in handicapped spots, close to fire plugs, even keeping us (Uber/Lyft) moving during busy times but this is criminal! How many just paid??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts