Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please take notice of ISDS clauses, which enable multinationals to sue our Govt (taxpayers) for any financial disadvantage they might think they are suffering as a result of our legislation:

11822429_877224265696908_1890637832306279173_n.png

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Change it if you want, sign it, then email too
[email protected]

Mr Robb,

An Investor State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) with a litigation mad place like the USA is as undesirable as it gets. I don't want any more tax dollars going to greedy corporations that are miffed that we legislate to protect the community. American corporations are the single most frequent users of the ISDS. It's been used over 600 times by American Corporations that have ISDS with other countries. Australians don't want this and if they knew what you were up too with the TPP they'd be up in arms. I challenge you to inform the public properly and clearly.

Australians don't want patent laws relaxed so that Transpacific corporations can also sue small business endeavors that have original ideas but would unfortunately fall under far too broad definitions snapped up early by rich opportunists. Allow Australians to own their own IP. Don't relax patent law and how they protect current Australian's personal DNA and technological and scientific discovery.

Australians don't want more expensive medicines in any way shape or form. Cheaper medicines are preferred and more on the PBS is a respectable use of tax dollars. But not a possible blow out in PBS subsidy as a result of this scheme, nor a possible cut in the PBS assistance to make up for financial short comings that are obviously bound to occur with more expensive medicines. Hasn't the government learned yet that Australians don't like it when you mess with the health system???

As the Govt has not felt inclined to disclose the TPP details, I will take no further stabs in the dark about it, other than to say that it is despicable that you are doing deals of this nature, cloak and dagger style behind closed doors, and then have the audacity to say that you have not received many letters of protest about the matter! For shame. It shows absolutely no respect for the Australian public.

I say to you 100% No to all and any part of the TPP:

Because if a trade deal is not good enough to inform the Australian public about in full, it is not good enough at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts