Uber Drivers Forum banner

Would you hand out an educational flyer to n00bs?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The average Fuber driver lasts 3 months. The average UP driver at least 6 months. Would you be willing to hand out an info sheet to n00bs on how to work surge and the benefits of not driving for base?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I can't do Surge driving because I lack discipline and patience. You want me to sit in my car offline for hours waiting for what might be a 2.5x for 1.2 miles and then the Surge is over? Imagine all the money unearned in those waiting hours. My life slipping away wasted with each passing offline minute. No ty.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I can't do Surge driving because I lack discipline and patience. You want me to sit in my car offline for hours waiting for what might be a 2.5x for 1.2 miles and then the Surge is over? Imagine all the money unearned in those waiting hours. My life slipping away wasted with each passing offline minute. No ty.
not all day, just during peak demand hours. you can still ant in beween

·
Registered
617 Posts
How bout you just stay home until it's the right time for surging.. like yesterday was sh!t all day so no point going out waiting offline for it in your jalopy.. it wasnt til around 10:30pm that anything started happening and then every ride I was online for was hitting Surge fares left right and center.. I averaged $41 an hour and didn't even work 3 hours so it's all relative.

Spend the $14.99 for Surge Chaser, do your research and figure it out instead of complaining to these vets who are trying to give you good advise. I know you can cut through the sarcasm with a butter knife but there is some truth to some of the things that you keep being reminded to do. If base rates and Uber pool is working for you then so be it!

Human body World Cloud Font Adaptation

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I've been doing this for over a year. And after speaking to many, I've kind of given up. Most do not understand the concept of staying offline. They look at you like your from outer space.

They are so ping happy, Uber has created a drug.

Also one of the biggest challenges is machismo & ego. All the male drivers think they are the bomb Uber driver Supreme and know it all.

Why share secrets with those to stubborn to listen?

·
Registered
617 Posts
It's useless . There's too many of them.
Maybe start giving them bad advice and let them either quit or figure it out themselves?

• Always stay online
• Drive around aimlessly
• Accept all pool requests
• Especially if they are 14 minutes away
• Chase after all QUEST incentives
• Stay away from Surge zones
• Focus on USC, Panorama City and South Central LA
• Don't call PAX from LAX to confirm pick-up and drop off
• Focus on mid day shifts 11am-6pm

I'm sure I've missed a few valuable pieces of advise so feel free to add your own Bullet points

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Maybe start giving them bad advice and let them either quit or figure it out themselves?

• Always stay online
• Drive around aimlessly
• Accept all pool requests
• Especially if they are 14 minutes away
• Chase after all QUEST incentives
• Stay away from Surge zones
• Focus on USC, Panorama City and South Central LA
• Don't call PAX from LAX to confirm pick-up and drop off
• Focus on mid day shifts 11am-6pm

I'm sure I've missed a few valuable pieces of advise so feel free to add your own Bullet points
That's the best way honestly. Giving them Useless advice and hoping they quit eventually .

We don't need too many drivers for the demand.

·
Banned
2,280 Posts
The average Fuber driver lasts 3 months. The average UP driver at least 6 months. Would you be willing to hand out an info sheet to n00bs on how to work surge and the benefits of not driving for base?
NOOBS DON'T LISTEN!!! THEY WORK FOR BASE!!!! THEY COME TO THIS WEBSITE CRYING THAT THEY AREN'T MAKING MONEY, LET THEM MOVE ON TO STARBUCKS!!!! FUBER AND LYFT ARE THE ONLY COMPANIES IN THE WORLD THAT GIVE "SIGNING BONUSES" WITH NO PROVEN PERFORMANCE NEEDED!!!!!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
There is just way too many drivers to bring together. You would have to spend millions of dollars trying to educate drivers with market as big as LA. Even if you managed to reach them, most are too dense and selfish to understand it and follow through.

·
Registered
49 Posts
We need ants to make money. If everyone played the surge game it would be harder to get surge rides. Everyone would log in during surge and only a few would get good rides. Let the ants do the grunt work and take all the cheap pool pax and I'll clean up when when they're gone.
I see everyone likes to use the term ants. I prefer the term cockroaches. More fitting.:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts